What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point, I wonder what the highest Roosters Vs Gold Coast crowd is at Allianz, and that includes other Gold Coast teams.

Im guessing around 12,000.

2013: Round 25 on a Sunday afternoon

The highest crowd against either the Gold Coast Giants / Seagulls / Chargers was 9,104 in 1994.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Is anybody surprised? Coldest night of the year, raining, v an interstate team on a Monday night. Surprised its above 5k.

Yeh but it's the Roosters so pages of posts will ensue regardless of context.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeh but it's the Roosters so pages of posts will ensue regardless of context.
Oh FFS wipe the chip off your shoulder. It's a horrible crowd - the Tigers rightly copped it back in April for that Campbelltown crowd too.

As for home averages, here goes:

BRI 34,124
SOU 20,739
NEW 17,742
PAR 17,736
WAR 17,234
SGI 16,644
CBY 15,480
WST 14,683
MEL 14,651
NQL 14,113
GLD 13,385
CRO 12,552
SYD 12,286
MAN 12,064
PEN 11,970
CAN 9,221

Each match, results, crowd figures, the ladder and home averages are being updated each Monday night in this thread :thumb

RWB

Bench
Oh FFS wipe the chip off your shoulder. It's a horrible crowd - the Tigers rightly copped it back in April for that Campbelltown crowd too.

f**k oath it was but when you consider it was raining, it was the Titans AND it was on a Monday night is it overly surprising that it was such a shocking crowd?

The tigers game was on a Saturday in good weather. Context is everything.

insert.pause

First Grade
f**k oath it was but when you consider it was raining, it was the Titans AND it was on a Monday night is it overly surprising that it was such a shocking crowd?

No one was surprised, the problem is that these crowds are not surprising.

Billythekid

First Grade

The tigers have been a basket case of a club for how long now? The roosters are the reigning premiers. You won the GF last year and this year you have the lowest crowd of the year and the 4th lowest average behind the likes of the sharks.

Thank f*ck for teams like Parra, warriors and Newcastle punching well above their weight. So many of the top teams this year really haven't delivered in terms of crowds (storm, manly, roosters, penrith hell even the dogs this year which is unusual).

People are always quick to use poor form as an excuse for bad crowds but it seems as though success doesn't seem to help much for a lot of clubs. Hopefully we start getting a bit of a change of the guard at the top of the ladder.

Big Sam

First Grade
Souths got double what the rorters got a few weeks back with exactly the same scenario bar the rain.

I don't think rain makes a 6k difference especially when the travel time to Allianz for the average rorter fan is half that of the average Souths fan's to ANZ.

lockyno1

Post Whore

It was also one of the coldest Winter days we have had this year and it was miserable with spitting rain. Talk about the perfect storm....Monday night, out of Sydney opposition, cold, wet....and you wonder why you only get 6.5K....those 6.5K deserve a medal!

H.H

Juniors
It was also one of the coldest Winter days we have had this year and it was miserable with spitting rain. Talk about the perfect storm....Monday night, out of Sydney opposition, cold, wet....and you wonder why you only get 6.5K....those 6.5K deserve a medal!

Well thanks!! There were a lot of embarrassed looks out there when that crowd was announced. Not sure why as those if us that made the effort to get there have nothing to be embarrassed about.

I just can't fathom our crowds this year. We got 31k to the WCC and from there it's been terrible. Admittedly scheduling and weather hasnt been great to us but there can be no denying it should be a lot better after winning a comp. Seems to be a case of been there done that which I just can't cop.

For years I've defended our crowds against what I reckon have been unfair attacks, but defending them this year is impossible.

Let's hope there's a lift for our last two games against Storm and Souffs.

POPEYE

Coach
I would have thought 6.5k League supporters without Foxtel who expected a close game was a good result . . . how were the rest to know the Titans would be ripped off

Brutus

Referee
Andrew Moore has spent much of his time on radio since last night's game bagging last night's crowd and trying to convince people there as only a quarter of the official crowd there.

The guy us an overweight bellend.

What about the obvious fudging of GWS crowds?

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
The code has got to stop embarrassing itself. Scrap monday nite footy.
A 100 year foundation cclub, cant even crack 7 thousand patrons. If this was the Broncos, the game would be shutting down.
Then you have Carty pleading not to scrap the Gold Coast. No one wants to scrap them, just move the suckers up the road 50 metres to Logan, where the true supporters are, time the game got smarter and stopped trying to sell the small amount of fans left who even bother to turn up these days, a Lemon.

The Mighty Roosters, 7 thousand fans, in our heartland.

I will say it again, the Roosters and Manly will never grow the code. Expand the game into true growth areas, expand Brisbane to 3 teams and bring in another NZ team. Add the Draft and stop poaching clubs juniors.
Everything this code does hurts the game. Scrap Monday nites, except on holiday weekends.
Our crowds are going backwards because of dumb.

papabear

Juniors
I dont know how anyone can justify easts, manly or the sharks in the comp over perth brisbane 2 nz 2 or even the cc

hutch

First Grade
Currie cup?

Regardless of the avg anything under 10k is a disgrace for a competition that wants to be the number one in the country. 6k is 3rd tier level, in fact some basketball teams would be Disappointed with that.

Averages around 16k as well but with only 6 teams. Hardly a true competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.