What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oikee

Juniors
But but but Easts get good ANZAC Day crowds.

haha, yes, how dumb is our code. It took them years to wake up to the fact Brisbane should have a Anzac day game.
I cant remember the crowd, but i think we topped Sydney in our first Anzac day game.
And NZ, they should have a NZ Anzac day game. This is why we need two NZ teams. We are so slow to grow this code, by being dumb.
When "Dumb and Dumber" was launched, i thought it was a movie about our code.

firechild

First Grade
I dont know how anyone can justify easts, manly or the sharks in the comp over perth brisbane 2 nz 2 or even the cc

Manly deserve to be there if for no other reason than to maintain the rage in all the sad little Bears fans. I mean, without Manly, what else would they have to whine and moan about?

I dont know how anyone can justify easts, manly or the sharks in the comp over perth brisbane 2 nz 2 or even the cc

In the case of Easts, get rid of them because the NRL needs one less financially stable, well run club that doesn't cost them a cent outside of the the annual grant that every club gets anyway.

papabear

Juniors
In the case of Easts, get rid of them because the NRL needs one less financially stable, well run club that doesn't cost them a cent outside of the the annual grant that every club gets anyway.

760 juniors
6000 fans to a match the year after winning the GF/minor premiership and still featuring heavily in the run into the finals.
the only time it gets crowds is when a stack of away fans show up.

The club doesn't have eye balls, bums on seats or kids playing the game. Just because they have rich benefactor does not mean they assist rugby league. Not to mention the fact that if it weren't for cyngell giving them so much fta exposure even their rich benefactor wouldn't prop them up.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Seriously its round 22 and people are still bagging Monday night crowds. They have been shit all season, why would last night be any different.

Its obvious the only answer is to get rid of Monday nights completely, fans are never going to turn up. It's just a matter of when the NRL decides to bargain with FOX to get rid of this time slot.

Hopefully we won't have to wait til 2018.

760 juniors
6000 fans to a match the year after winning the GF/minor premiership and still featuring heavily in the run into the finals.

The club doesn't have eye balls, bums on seats or kids playing the game. Just because they have rich benefactor does not mean they assist rugby league. Not to mention the fact that if it weren't for cyngell giving them so much fta exposure even their rich benefactor wouldn't prop them up.

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Yep, crowd was sh1t last night. Won't deny it, can't deny it but I've yet to see a good Monday night crowd in Sydney this year or last. Both teams had players missing, one was out of town and down on form. Our team is serving us up rubbish themselves plus the weather was crap.

Our crowds are down over all but aren't everybody's?

Yep again, juniors are ordinary but we're now in an agreement to recruit and produce on the central coast. Hopefully that improves things.

Our benefactors give us their business acumen - not money. Politis hasn't spent a cent of his own money since he took over and has run us as a business ever since. That's why to this day, we're a financially stable, well run club but that's another broken record argument.

You hate us, I get it but we'll be around well into your old age and into the next life. Enjoy

franklin2323

Immortal
Has a GC titans away game reached 10k? they always are part of the worst crowds of the year. The NRL want centralised staduims they need away teams to atleast draw the neutrals in

Panthers need to do what they did with the broncos game they got 12k on Monday. It's battle of top 8, JT at penrith, etc market that to the extreme. Do 2 for 1 if necessary. Mondays need to go next broadcast deal replace with the 3pm Saturday slot which would be the family fun day slot and be marketed/priced in such manner.

papabear

Juniors
Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Yep, crowd was sh1t last night. Won't deny it, can't deny it but I've yet to see a good Monday night crowd in Sydney this year or last. Both teams had players missing, one was out of town and down on form. Our team is serving us up rubbish themselves plus the weather was crap.

Our crowds are down over all but aren't everybody's?

Yep again, juniors are ordinary but we're now in an agreement to recruit and produce on the central coast. Hopefully that improves things.

Our benefactors give us their business acumen - not money. Politis hasn't spent a cent of his own money since he took over and has run us as a business ever since. That's why to this day, we're a financially stable, well run club but that's another broken record argument.

You hate us, I get it but we'll be around well into your old age and into the next life. Enjoy

I don't hate you blokes.

I just want whats best for rugby league and that is the the ESDRL playing out of somewhere like the CC / perth / Brisbane 2/ NZ 2 where they can grow the game.

I hate manly, but they should also move for the good of the game, not because of my hate.

hutch

First Grade
I've read a number of times in here that crowds are down. Can we just set the record straight that crowds are up on last year by a couple of hundred per game.

Valheru

Coach
The same fixture last year got 17500 last year in perfect conditions on a Sunday arvo so that is a good indicator of what Monday and poor weather does to crowds. I'm not saying that this game would have gotten that this year because form plays a role but it would have at least got 10k

Perth Red

Post Whore
The same fixture last year got 17500 last year in perfect conditions on a Sunday arvo so that is a good indicator of what Monday and poor weather does to crowds. I'm not saying that this game would have gotten that this year because form plays a role but it would have at least got 10k

Roosters fans bored of sucess and $BW already?

reanimate

Bench
I don't hate you blokes.

I just want whats best for rugby league and that is the the ESDRL playing out of somewhere like the CC / perth / Brisbane 2/ NZ 2 where they can grow the game.

I hate manly, but they should also move for the good of the game, not because of my hate.

Why would you move the last Northern Sydney team away? The whole area needs to be represented by a team, not have the last one killed off/moved away as well.

papabear

Juniors
Why would you move the last Northern Sydney team away? The whole area needs to be represented by a team, not have the last one killed off/moved away as well.

Manly are not a northern Sydney team, they are a manly / northern beaches team.

Manly had a chance to be a northern Sydney team and they killed it. I also believe northern Sydney should be represented but it should be represent by either Northern Eagles or the Northern Bears, preferably the last because atleast you know the last won't go back to manly when the going gets tough.

As it stands manly only represent manly and have shown limited ability to grow their brand despite their success.

I am pretty sure I have gone through this with you before. If you are going to now crap on about the bears stopping manly from entering the north shore, you have tried that tune so don't bother with it again.

firechild

First Grade

What rugby league needs above all else is an attractive product. Manly provides that. A well run club (despite the boardroom sh*tfights) that have continued to produce quality rugby league teams for the last 50 years (notwithstanding the years tainted by input from the bears). Not going to bring fans to the game by having a comp full of perennial plodders like Canberra, Parra, NQ, GC and Cronulla.

H.H

Juniors
760 juniors

We did average just shy of 20k last year and yes I know, we had round 1 and Anzac Day but in neither of those matches (or any other) did the away crowd even come close to us.

I've already said I can't fathom our crowds this year but the old away fans rubbish is tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts