What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

insert.pause

First Grade
The Footy Show's ratings in Brisbane were absolutely pathetic (I can't post them here due to forum restrictions on quoting OzTAM figures, but you can go and see them for yourself). Sydney's has taken a big hit since it's been moved back to 9:45pm. But in saying that, The Footy Show now drags out waaaay too long with all these useless segments. Even when it commenced at 8:30pm, it didn't finish until 11pm. IMO, it shouldn't be any longer than 1 to 1 1/2 hrs max.

Yeah I saw them, no doubt because of the poor lead in from the game, whih is the ratings I was referring to.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Let me explain some of the cause and effect of last night's game.
The wife for the first time in our marriage went to bed early, she had fallen asleep with the lack of atmosphere and action.
The cat called tiger was in bed before the first half had finished.

The team the tigers sent onto the park were a under 20's quality side, and they played like one.
The Dogs really were not that much better, with Morris hobbling on one leg.

I shut the TV down and joined the Mrs at half time, the game was a snoozefest.
This action meant i could not even be bothered with the Footy Show, which i did not even bother to tape.
Our code needs to be careful, it is doing everything possible to piss whole families off, even our pets.

Read your post and deduced you are married to your dog, and frustrated it isnt putting out.

Correct??

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Bigger than any Western Wankers crowd ever, right? Don't know how they fit 17,000+ in there, though, the soccer knobs call it a sellout at 14,000.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Really hope they get to increase parra to 30k size

With a few years of success. Parra would average ,25k.

And realistically that is all we need to average to be massively profitable

Take an odd public holiday home game to anz and get 40 k.

Then NRL could say they have at least 2 clubs fixturing sorted out

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just checked the rain gauge here in Paddington.

Yesterday we had 88mls.

The radar looks terrible, a surface low has developed off Fraser Island. Today will be worse, 80-100km gusts with proper rain.

This is a shame, they had opened level 7 south for GA seats, so the crowd was moving towards 32-35k. Now I would say 23-25k will show.

oikee

Juniors
All roads lead to Parra. They need a purpose built Suncorp 50 thousand, all the surrounding teams can use this as their number one rectangle mecca.

Suncorp with one team has a 30 thousand average.
Building a smaller stadium will end in disaster and everyone will be saying down the track they should have built a 50 thousand.
Someone needs to make sure this does not happen. Dave Smith needs to stand and be counted, sink 50 million into a 50 thousand mecca.

Parra and the west can build crowds, build the code. Manly cant, Roosters cant, stick to your strength and start growing the game.
Move the Sahrks now to Wellington, get 2 teams into NZ now, not wait another 10 years.

There should be at least a 30k stadium in Parra instead of the 19k seat stadium. Surely the NRL, A-League and Parra Council can come to some sort of agreement to build one. The two teams can surely share home games, like the last two seasons, with ease.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
All roads lead to Parra. They need a purpose built Suncorp 50 thousand, all the surrounding teams can use this as their number one rectangle mecca.

Suncorp with one team has a 30 thousand average.
Building a smaller stadium will end in disaster and everyone will be saying down the track they should have built a 50 thousand.
Someone needs to make sure this does not happen. Dave Smith needs to stand and be counted, sink 50 million into a 50 thousand mecca.

Parra and the west can build crowds, build the code. Manly cant, Roosters cant, stick to your strength and start growing the game.
Move the Sahrks now to Wellington, get 2 teams into NZ now, not wait another 10 years.

OK so let's abandon everything east of home bush then sure then we can just rely on the working class demographic of the west and leave the spending power of the east and north to other sports. Great idea. Not

We have fluctuations in our attendances like every club. Next year I can guarantee we will average 17k or thereabouts on the back of the season opener at Allianz where it belongs and Anzac day. Swings and roundabouts

The code has a game day image problem nation wide, ticket prices are far too high against demand and many stadia are outdated or unfit for purpose

Swap parra and manly position on the ladder and crowds will increase alot compare to now it which manly success do nothing crowd wise. Roosters will be roosters, biggest decline in crowds after a premiership. If they can't show up after a premiership, when would they show up.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The truth hurts. A top 4 of Parra, Souths, Dogs and Tigers is better for the game than Manly/Easts/Penrith being up there.

pHyR3

Juniors
A-League NRL and NSW Gvmt need to work together to get a 50k RECTANGULAR stadium for tigers and parra to use. Maybe dogs/parra too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts