What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Will dogs hit the media .. Lambasting TV decisions as costing them thousands of dollars ??

Ah no. They get guaranteed 250k. From anz stadium

These deals are partly to blame

If 'tribalism' in the nrl truly existed there wouldn't be embarrassing crowds in the very heartland of the game. No other main sport globally in there heartlands get the embarrassment the nrl gets on a constant basis and that's a fact eg nfl, European soccer leagues, etc.

elbusto

Coach
If 'tribalism' in the nrl truly existed there wouldn't be embarrassing crowds in the very heartland of the game. No other main sport globally in there heartlands get the embarrassment the nrl gets on a constant basis and that's a fact eg nfl, European soccer leagues, etc.

Bullshit.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Your two examples have a few glaring differences to rugby league in australia. First most games in europe and in the NFL are played on saturday/sunday afternoon, in league we have to put up with mostly night time football. How about our stadia which are clearly not fit for purpose in sydney and other centers, meanwhile european stadiums get you close to the action and are generally roofed pretty well. Also don't forget most games in european soccer are not broadcast live and in the american case they have tv blackouts per market and tied to stadium attendance

Its hard to maintain and develop a culture of attendance when 75% of games are played at night in a winter sport at crap stadiums. If the code had not neglected fan culture for 100 years we would light years ahead of our current situation of stagnation.

I also dont get into this heartland tagline, i have never heard other sports carry on about heartlands

Perth Red

Post Whore
In most codes local derbies get big crowds and rarely sub the avg. NRL fans in Sydney just can't be arsed to go, shame but it is what it is. When 15000+ can get in for free and less than 10,000 bother you know you've got problems

Paullyboy

Coach
to be fair the NRL can't predict form and weather when they make the draw but this is such a non-event and highlights the main problems we have currently- timeslots and stadia

I think you're missing the biggest issue - the standard of football is diabolical.

Seriously, this dogs team would be bottom 8 and that tigers team would get the spoon any other year. The raiders are the biggest culprits so don't bother spitting that shit that most people on here would use as a rebuttals "oh Lolz uze support da raidars so u can't talks".

Seriously the standard of play is rubbish, so people stop caring. I know I can't watch any more than about 10 minutes without getting bored.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I do wonder if the number of night games is contributing to quality and style of play? Day games usually seem a step faster and more ball movement?

pHyR3

Juniors
Need more day games and less rounds. That way footy is better, more valuable and there are less injuries so teams field better players.

Throw in 3 standalone weeks for SOO as well and in the 2 weeks in between have 8 (or 9) teams play each round with origin player ineligible. Meaning each team has to go 1 game without origin reps rather than the 3-5 nowadays and no backing up 2 days after origin for club games either.

Brutus

Referee
Thursday night football is rugby league's shame.

What a disgrace it is and people are voting with their decisions not to attend.

big hit!

Bench
They should rename the comp, TVRL

The fans are voting with their feet.

The NRL are embedding the culture of stay at home football.

2 x Friday 8pm
1 x Saturday 3pm
2 x Saturday 7pm
1 x Sunday 1pm
2 x Sunday 3pm

lockyno1

Post Whore
What do you expect...it was cold, wet...and it was at the worst stadium for rugby league ANZ! It is a nightmare to get to and back at 7:30pm on a weekday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts