What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No chance. How many go onsale to the Public I dare say 20k minimum is sponsors, Staduim members, Officals etc

No idea I haven't been to ANZ for while and don't plan to. Awful stadium for football and I ain't paying $8 or whatever for mid strength trash!

Canard

Immortal
No chance. How many go onsale to the Public I dare say 20k minimum is sponsors, Staduim members, Officals etc

Timmah will know the answer to that, but is that how PAX works?

Are the prices insane $250+ for 2nd rate seats like in QLD also?

guyver78

Juniors
Timmah will know the answer to that, but is that how PAX works?

Are the prices insane $250+ for 2nd rate seats like in QLD also?

- $265 for Cat 1 which if you can get on Level 1 are pretty good at ANZ (Although they still classify Level 4 as Cat 1 for $265 and I think they're awful)
- $210 for Platinum which go up to Level 6 (Absolute joke)
- The Remainder - Stay home and watch the game on your 65inch screen

I'm going because I got a free ticket otherwise no way I'd pay those prices. It will be funny what happens to Game 3 and how much they drop ticket prices by if we have a dead rubber or next year when the novelty of NSW winning will wear off here.

LatK7

First Grade
Try and purchase some now...there's still plenty left.

It's more expensive than last year. Not sure if it'll sell out completely.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
lol 8 teams have a lower crowd average than the Vicderpia Storm where people don't even care about Rugby League,if you support one of the teams below the Storm i suggest you retire and start following the Eels because your club is dying

guyver78

Juniors
All you crowd and stats loving folk, should enjoy the feature on the LU homepage if you haven't seen it yet.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/infographic-2014-nrl-crowds-and-tv-halfway-review/

Averages like that don't mean anything. Especially when you have 1 or 2 big 40,000+ crowds lifting those averages.

You can look at this in 2 ways. 1 You can pat yourself in the back and say yeah the average is higher then the target

OR

You can face reality and admit to yourself that RL crowds are just S**T full stop. The only team that can give themselves a pat on the back is the Brisbane Broncos, nobody else even comes close.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Averages like that don't mean anything. Especially when you have 1 or 2 big 40,000+ crowds lifting those averages.

You can look at this in 2 ways. 1 You can pat yourself in the back and say yeah the average is higher then the target

OR

You can face reality and admit to yourself that RL crowds are just S**T full stop. The only team that can give themselves a pat on the back is the Brisbane Broncos, nobody else even comes close.

Broncos are an embarrassment,there are teams in the MLB who play a whopping 81 home games a season that average more than the Broncos and have less population than Brisbane,there are teams in the EPL who represent little villages of 10 people with higher crowd averages than the Broncos

Broncos a disgrace to world sport

supercharger

Juniors
lol 8 teams have a lower crowd average than the Vicderpia Storm where people don't even care about Rugby League,if you support one of the teams below the Storm i suggest you retire and start following the Eels because your club is dying

Storm had a higher attendance than the eels last year. You know that right?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mate just bought an Origin ticket - all the NSW Supporter categories are either single seat only or allocation exhausted.

He says his pax is 84,110 :crazy:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mate just bought an Origin ticket - all the NSW Supporter categories are either single seat only or allocation exhausted.

He says his pax is 84,110 :crazy:

In the general seating bronze is sold out and silver is single seating but all the good tickets are still plentiful. So that pax is not right.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

An average of 16K is not shit, in fact on a worldwide scale a 16K crowd average is quite respectable. It only looks shit when you compare it with the AFL - who's crowd numbers are at an incredible level.

I'd say our crowds are mediocre, and we have the potential to get much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.