What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah mate, 83,813. You back in Brissie already?

They must have installed a fair few extra seats because I actually saw quite a few small empty seat patches all over the stadium whereas last year you'd struggle to find an empty seat.

Yeah back in Brisbane. I got the 6am flight. And wow was I poorly, resembled a slapped arse. Went to work and did NOTHING.

Tiki Godzilla

Juniors
Did anyone in the world care about that game tonight? I was at the pub tonight and not a sole looked up from their schooners to watch it.

oikee

Juniors
11 thousand to such a historical match and against a top of the table team.
I wonder how much more of these low crowds the game can really take, it is now starting to look embarrassing for the sponsors.
Here is how to fix crowd issues. Either build Canberra a enclosed stadium or shift them to central Queensland.
Bring in 2 more Brisbane teams so we can show you how to put on a top 4 clash.

A second NZ team now, not when other codes have beaten us to it.

Bring in the captains challenge before more people start turning off from all the refs soft penalties and diving.
Make Manly and Cronulla play half there games in Adelaide and Queensland.

The master is losing control of the henhouse, the chooks are running the coup.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I have never seen rugby league fans respond to games dedicated to past grand finals or the like so why woupd last night be any different. Ffs most grand final replays are fails crowd wise.

A struggling side in Canberra drew 10-11k crowd I don't see anythingn unusual or surprising

pHyR3

Juniors
I thought it was pretty much on par that crowd. 10-11k is about right for such a crap team with an even worse coach.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I have never seen rugby league fans respond to games dedicated to past grand finals or the like so why woupd last night be any different. Ffs most grand final replays are fails crowd wise.

A struggling side in Canberra drew 10-11k crowd I don't see anythingn unusual or surprising

Yeah, Grand Finals dont generally improve a rivalry, at least on their own...

There will always be better clashes to dig up and use as a selling point. (I still love that story from 1910, where Tigers and Souths agreed to forfeit then Tigers got screwed over; its shit like that that builds rivalries)

Use random games that became important because of what happened that day (eg. Storm and Manly: The Battle of Brookvale). not the non-event big games that SHOULD have been important

Last edited:

Tiki Godzilla

Juniors
11 thousand to such a historical match and against a top of the table team.
I wonder how much more of these low crowds the game can really take, it is now starting to look embarrassing for the sponsors.
Here is how to fix crowd issues. Either build Canberra a enclosed stadium or shift them to central Queensland.
Bring in 2 more Brisbane teams so we can show you how to put on a top 4 clash.

A second NZ team now, not when other codes have beaten us to it.

Bring in the captains challenge before more people start turning off from all the refs soft penalties and diving.
Make Manly and Cronulla play half there games in Adelaide and Queensland.

The master is losing control of the henhouse, the chooks are running the coup.

You sir, are a deadset imbecile.

RWB

Bench
Not bad considering the All Blacks game is on at the same time.

Plenty would've decided to go to the pub or stay at home and switch between the two.

Not sure if they broke the world record for most Onesies, but good promotion none the less.

DC_fan

Coach
Not bad considering the All Blacks game is on at the same time.

Plenty would've decided to go to the pub or stay at home and switch between the two.

Not sure if they broke the world record for most Onesies, but good promotion none the less.

Their next promotion could be fans coming to the footy in their nonesies.

Status
Not open for further replies.