What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Guyver - where is the best suburb to head to a pub now? That might have a bit of vibe?

My mates and I are wandering around Surry Hills, getting hit on. By lads.

May as well just go to Olympic Park?

Yep heap to Cathy Freeman park! VB Tent setup at 4pm. I should get there about 5mins before it opens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good precedent. I'm sure Souths are in talks with WA to take that territory for ourselves.

Well you do get bigger crowds here in Perth than at home, maybe you should be relocated and play just the 4 decent games you get in Sydney at ANZ? The South West Bunnies lol.

guyver78

Juniors
Guyver - where is the best suburb to head to a pub now? That might have a bit of vibe?

My mates and I are wandering around Surry Hills, getting hit on. By lads.

May as well just go to Olympic Park?

Mate Sydney is a bit scattered all over the place when it comes to the footy. Surry Hills has a few good pubs. White Horse, the clock and the Dolphin should all be going off.

Oxford street could also be a good choice. There's 1 main pub outside ANZ but that's all you'll really get there, if you get there early enough you should be able to have a few drinks and stay inside before 10,000 people are trying to get in all at the same time. It's still a little early so you probably won't get the atmosphere until at least 5/6pm around the city by which time I'm assuming you guys will be well on your way to the stadium.

I'd probably just head out to the stadium and hit that pub if you guys want a bit of a good footy vibe, there shouldn't be that much people there at this stage but just enough to get into it. Pubs at this time 3pm can be a bit of a hit and miss.

guyver78

Juniors
Same bait and switch the pulled in QLD.

Its a one trick pony type of thing, its not going to work again.

Tonights crowd will be great, but its 2015 and 2016 where they are going to find people not buying tickets until the last minute. Yes they will get good crowds still, but they will struggle to shift tickets, and have to discount, all the while pissing people off who bought early.

I wonder what will happen to game 3 ticket prices if NSW win tonight

BunniesMan

Immortal
So? Media organisations always get allocated those sorts of numbers.

Why you're trying to talk down this potential crowd... hell suggesting only 80k... got me beat.

Day of the game and tickets are still available in blocks of 6 or more. I was under the impression it was going to be an easy sell out after the result of game 1.

reanimate

Bench
like this ...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...616-zs9dr.html

Sydney Roosters are the first club to commit to a new NRL strategy of formalising a secondary affiliation with an area outside their traditional territory in a move the premiers believe further proves their focus is on development rather than recruitment.

Hopefully that's the nail in the coffin for the Bears bid. Kill it off, let the Roosters work with the CC and give the North Shore to Manly to develop.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hopefully that's the nail in the coffin for the Bears bid. Kill it off, let the Roosters work with the CC and give the North Shore to Manly to develop.

3021307-inline-fb-thumbsup-printpackaging.jpg

Jamberoo

Juniors
??? It shows AFL 2014 season ratings totals and averages both higher.
Why put AFL stats on this forum - plenty of AFL forums out there to discuss AFL ratings.
If we are discussing RL, it shows the game has potential in Perth but ratings are crazy low in Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.