What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
LOL @ the Roosters crowd average this year being 13k.

How the f**k can crowd's go down after a team won a comp? I didn't think popularity could decline with success. East's fans for ya.

RWB

Bench

How the f**k can crowd's go down after a team won a comp? I didn't think popularity could decline with success. East's fans for ya.

No Rd1 & Anzac day + 5 rain affected games to kick off the season will do it.

We'll come home strong though. Get our first arvo game this season in a few weeks time which should draw well weather permitting + Melbourne & Souffs to finish off the season.

Anything under 17-18k come end of the season though would be extremely disappointing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So for the perfect storm for big crowd avg in the NRL what would the preferable top 8 teams given on field success plays a big part in larger crowds.

1 souths
2 bulldogs
3 knights
4 eels
5 warriors
6 storm
7 cowboys
8 st's

Reckon you'd go close to breaking the 17k avg threshold if all those clubs were doing well. Titans if their first 4 years were anything to go by could well be in there as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Perth Red....you would want Brisbane in there, probably ahead of the Cowboys...even at best they won't average 20K...Brisbane can average 30K in a good year (potentially more).

Tigers ahead of the Storm too, they produce bumper crowds when they are up and about.

t-ba

Post Whore

Souths will never have to worry about a post-premiership dip, which is good I guess.

It's happened at Manly, Brisbane and Canberra in the last 20 years (not including Canterbury in 1996, which was SL affected), so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Perth Red....you would want Brisbane in there, probably ahead of the Cowboys...even at best they won't average 20K...Brisbane can average 30K in a good year (potentially more).

Tigers ahead of the Storm too, they produce bumper crowds when they are up and about.

The Broncos average more than 30k in a bad year.

Billythekid

First Grade
So for the perfect storm for big crowd avg in the NRL what would the preferable top 8 teams given on field success plays a big part in larger crowds.

1 souths
2 bulldogs
3 knights
4 eels
5 warriors
6 storm
7 cowboys
8 st's

Reckon you'd go close to breaking the 17k avg threshold if all those clubs were doing well. Titans if their first 4 years were anything to go by could well be in there as well.

If anything i think a few more lean years would be better for storm crowds. Constantly sitting at the top just hasn't shown as much growth for us as it should and in some ways i think it's because people expect success. There isn't as much hype and excitement when we finally get it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nice to have a full round for a change.

Manly 14k
Brisbane 28k
Wests 12k
Townsville 14k
NZ 17k
Parra 15k
St George 10k

Souths will never have to worry about a post-premiership dip, which is good I guess.

It's happened at Manly, Brisbane and Canberra in the last 20 years (not including Canterbury in 1996, which was SL affected), so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

So 3 in times n 20 years. And each of those 3 was much less than the Roosters decrease. Doing something that happens 3 times in 20 is out of the ordinary.

BunniesMan

Immortal
15,500 is a below average crowd. It is not awesome under any circumstances. Especially for a team with Manly's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.