What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yeah I know they have like a $10m loan from afl interest free

But the pricks have $100 m in bank so they can cover them for 100 years

And they will

We on the other hand shut down teams in Perth and Adelaide with money in bank

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL is never getting 20k avg without some massive changes. The crowd avg has been pretty much static for years and shows no sign of changing.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I guarantee within 1 year the average goes to 18k+ and halfway to the 20k target if we fixed the origin schedule.

Give me dictatorial control of scheduling and I'd deliver 18k averages (minimum) in 2015.

Boooohoooohoooohooooo ya pair of Nuffies.

I'm a nuffie for saying the forseeable future of all clubs is secure?

Ever since both codes got into serious tv money they have the luxury of never needing to throw in the towel on a club for at least the next 10-20 years.

Danish

Referee
Can't blame manly fans for he crowd tonight. Place was packed, I honestly can't see where you'd even fit more people.

Just a terrible ground though, filled with quite a few complete bogans. The hill at Brookie brings out characters that make the burrow look refined

franklin2323

Immortal
Show us how to get from work in the city, back to the Northern Beaches, then get the family together and get back to the SFS before kick-off Bunniesman.

Even if you did home is the pain. I am sure you would attend but not as frequent as know.

Fans that actually attend games know this. Clubs know where the fans are based. For Manly 'sell' the odd home game works

RWB

Bench
Sell out @ Parra Stadium tomorrow for a clear Sunday arvo game I assume then?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
On Brookvale. They need to buy a few more candles, the lighting there is atrocious and is terrible for tv. Maybe that's why Brett Stewart scores so many tries there, no one can see him.

Diesel

Referee
Hard to see crowds reaching the 20k average when TV dictates when games are played while against the wishes of the club. Broncos want Sundays, Canberra should be played in the afternoon, not night, Warriors games played to suit a TV broadcaster in a different time zone, Titans play Saturdays as a lot of GC clubs play Sundays. The sooner a second Friday game gets dropped and played on a Sat/Sunday the better

Perth Red

Post Whore
What would NRL be willing to pay for big crowds? By that I mean at the next TV deal would they be willing to forgo cash in pocket to have more control over when games are played rather than be at the whim of the TV scheduling? What might that actually look like?
Two Friday night games (always one Sydney blockbuster at Sfs or anz with major marketing and real event atmosphere, one Brisbane game, broncos, titans or new Brisbane club alternating)
Four Saturday games
Three Sunday games (one big Sydney derby every week)

Some games played at same ko time and shown on delay?
Eg
Saturday 3pm, two 5pm, 7pm
Sunday two 3pm, 6pm (WA game)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts