What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney

Juniors
20k is achievable, just not in 5 years
its gonna have to take some serious growth from the potential powerhouse Sydney teams.
Parramatta, the Bulldogs, and Souths all have the potential to be 25-30k average teams.
The Tigers and Dragons both have the potential to be 20k teams.
There are a tonne of non-active fans from all of those clubs, you only have to see how many turn out to these clubs big games.
The Warriors are also worth a mention as they are severely under leveraged. They could do anything if given the time.

Crowds have been steadily rising (believe it or not) over the past 20 years.
dn2b8j.jpg

People have been confused due to the average's constant punctuation
by the super league (1997) and the rise of the tigers (2005-6) and Eels (2009-10) which brought along considerable bandwagons.
Last year saw only 2 big Sydney teams in the top 8 and no Broncos, and this was reflected in the average.
As long as the big Sydney teams + brisbane stay in contention there's no reason why they can't crack 16500.

The Only way I can see a 20k average happening is if there is considerable growth of the league in the next few years and than an ideal year with the top 8 being the biggest clubs and the finals race really close.
And even then they'd need probably half a dozen ANZ 50k matches

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
20k is achievable, just not in 5 years
its gonna have to take some serious growth from the potential powerhouse Sydney teams.
Parramatta, the Bulldogs, and Souths all have the potential to be 25-30k average teams.
The Tigers and Dragons both have the potential to be 20k teams.
There are a tonne of non-active fans from all of those clubs, you only have to see how many turn out to these clubs big games.
The Warriors are also worth a mention as they are severely under leveraged. They could do anything if given the time.

Crowds have been steadily rising (believe it or not) over the past 20 years.
IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/dn2b8j.jpg[/IMG]
People have been confused due to the average's constant punctuation
by the super league (1997) and the rise of the tigers (2005-6) and Eels (2009-10) which brought along considerable bandwagons.
Last year saw only 2 big Sydney teams in the top 8 and no Broncos, and this was reflected in the average.
As long as the big Sydney teams + brisbane stay in contention there's no reason why they can't crack 16500.

The Only way I can see a 20k average happening is if there is considerable growth of the league in the next few years and than an ideal year with the top 8 being the biggest clubs and the finals race really close.
And even then they'd need probably half a dozen ANZ 50k matches

Going to require end of suburban grounds or massive $'s for upgrades
Scheduling to max big games and preferential time slots for clubs
Reduction in pay at the gate admission prices
Free admission to any full season member to a fri night and sun afternoon blockbuster game at anz/Sfs
More reciprocal free admission to away team members
Warriors to get their act together in NZ and Australia
Introduction of well run Perth and Brisbane clubs
The big fanbase teams to do well on field.

No reason 75% of clubs shouldn't be avg 17-25k in years to come if NRL is as big as we think it is.

DC_fan

Coach
Weather has turned terrible here in western Sydney. Could effect the crowd at Campbelltown.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Have a look at nz crowd averages this year and last

All you need really is a couple of big games at big stadiums

And you can jump from 14k to 20k ave pretty fast

Brutus

Referee
Was at Henson Park today and those cold gusty winds killed about 70 percent of the crowd in a 5 minute period in the second half. One minute the hill was nicely populated, the next it was a ghost town.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**k off you useless soap dodger.

9243 f**k you inbred sheep shagger

I take it back, Aleague would have been disappointed.

Ps I'm on the tequila so I apologise in advance for any offensive posts this evening lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.