What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Is Parra v Souths tracking for a sell-out?

Will they take junior passes? Would it be wise to turn up and buy a ticket at the gate?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
@SLR -- how're sales tracking?

Surely 37,500 plus sold now, including stadium members.

So that would be 33k at least that will show as of now.

I remember in the 2011 home final against the Warriors at Suncorp. Everyone said to expect 10,000 plus kiwis. There simply was not. Sure SEQ has a lot, but they usually don't venture too far from Helensvale, Ormea etc. Hense the Titans cop it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looking at an epic round for crowds I think. Hopefully Cronulla can still pull close to 15k tonight, Eels/Souths should be 15k minimum too... Roosters/Penrith who knows. Storm/Raiders should be decent 12-15k hopefully, then the "big three" - Broncos/Warriors 40k hopefully, Newcastle/Titans 30k minimum you'd think, and Tigers/Dogs hopefully 25k-30k minimum as well. That's 100k in just three games.

Biggest concern is Saints/Manly Monday night.

firechild

First Grade
also have to factor in expenditure. Good that they are making a profit but not all good if they operating on a shoestring. Still better to be in the black, just keep winning them premierships and things will be sweet!

Don't see how expenditure factors in. You're making an assumption that Manly are operating on a shoestring budget (with no evidence) but even if they are, all that does is show that high expenditure is not needed for results. Look at the operating costs of Brisbane and see what that's done for them in the last 5 years or so. As I mentioned before, Manly have had a lot of success picking up sponsors in recent years and as long as this continues, Manly will stay financially viable, in fact more so than most other clubs, especially those in Sydney.

I said weeks ago that I thought that the Eels v Rabbitohs match would be a sell out

Just looking at the seating map on the Ticketmaster website, the Sterling Terrace and Thornett Stand is sold out.

There is also very limited seating in the Cayless Terrace / Cronin Stand.

Can't really tell though how many seats are left in the Kenny Terrace.

The crowd record for an NRL game at Hunter Stadium is 30,729.
Highest ever there is 32,890 for Australia v New Zealand.
Both those games were in 2011.
Im predicting this weeks crowd will fall somewhere in between those 2.

Dogs Of War

Coach
With the cold wind in Sydney today/tonight I expect some dissapointing crowds. If it was a dogs game tonight even with my season ticket I probably wouldn't turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.