What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Great crowd for a team that was in 11th position coming into this round,a team coming off a 48-0 thrashing,a team with 2 wooden spoons in a row and a team that finished 14th before those 2 spoons.

They deserved much less.

Please big supporter bases from both teams, big returning players, big featured game.

Good crowd nonetheless.

cleary89

Coach
I went with 2 mates to the sharks game tonight. None of us support them, just good for some beers and watch the footy. I'm recently back from a year in london, as is one of the other 2. We both wore coats and jumpers we wore over there in negative temperatures and even still we decided to leave at half time.

f**king freezing. Anyone who stayed till full time, well done. I'm impressed.

thorson1987

Coach
I went with 2 mates to the sharks game tonight. None of us support them, just good for some beers and watch the footy. I'm recently back from a year in london, as is one of the other 2. We both wore coats and jumpers we wore over there in negative temperatures and even still we decided to leave at half time.

Last week on a clear Sunday afternoon was freezing.

Can't imagine what tonight would have been like

elbusto

Coach

I watch football In Tasmania. Every weekend. You have no idea what 'cold' is.

cleary89

Coach
I went to ~20 epl, champions league and scottish premier league games in the middle of winter. Also went to a bundesliga game in -8 degrees.

Don't get me wrong, it's a shit crowd, but if 25 year old guys are thinking it's not worth the effort with free tickets, why would a family pay $60 to sit in that.

elbusto

Coach
I went to ~20 epl, champions league and scottish premier league games in the middle of winter. Also went to a bundesliga game in -8 degrees.

Don't get me wrong, it's a shit crowd, but if 25 year old guys are thinking it's not worth the effort with free tickets, why would a family pay $60 to sit in that.

Because they love their club. 80000 at NFL games in snow. Why?

cleary89

Coach
Because they love their club. 80000 at NFL games in snow. Why?

Because they have roughly 15 times our population with most teams coming from 1 city towns of 3 million people. What, 200k in the shire? Half of which supports saints anyway. Is NFL all live on tv? EPL certainly isn't.

RWB

Bench
Rain, strong winds & lows of under 10 degrees expected until Monday in Sydney.

So much for a strong weekend of crowds.

elbusto

Coach
Because they have roughly 15 times our population with most teams coming from 1 city towns of 3 million people. What, 200k in the shire? Half of which supports saints anyway. Is NFL all live on tv? EPL certainly isn't.

As a Sharks fan I just hoped for a bigger crowd.

RWB

Bench

Green Bay would be pretty similar in size I'd think maybe even smaller than the shire.

There's also distinct advantages to having a team in an area with a smaller population IMO.

Although certainly not going to judge Cronulla fans based on tonight.

supercharger

Juniors
Green Bay would be pretty similar in size I'd think maybe even smaller than the shire.

There's also distinct advantages to having a team in an area with a smaller population IMO.

Although certainly not going to judge Cronulla fans based on tonight.

The packers draw fans from all over Wisconsin though. The riders averaged over 37k last season, the population of Regina is about 230k and it's waaay colder than Green Bay.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If Gold Coast posted that crowd people would be up in arms.

Cronulla have done a...

fudge.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone who claims the size of crowd and atmosphere doesn't effect the viewing pleasure on TV should be made to watch tonight's sharks game over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts