What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechild

First Grade
That would be nice but I doubt NRL sides would be able to stand on their own 2 feet by that time. At this stage only the Broncos and Rabbitohs actually make a profit. Without the TV money clubs like Manly would be extinct and I doubt too much will change 4-5 years from now.

Manly made a profit last year but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I look at the average crowds and seriously wonder how clubs like Manly, Cronulla, Roosters and even Penrith can sustain long term.

I'm also not sure Canberra is working tbh.

Canberra support is there but they are waiting for the club to do something. that 2010 home final game sold out in no time and would have broken the crowd record if Canberra stadium put up temp seating like they did for the Brumbies early 2000's. the problem is 2 decades of awfulness and a board that doesn't seem to care.

the crowds aren't good but "not sure Canberra is working" statement is odd? Raiders would be one of the top 5 most profitable clubs in the NRL. does that mean basically all the other clubs aren't working.

Yeah, not sure what you meant by that Dodge. Juniors are great, they're rich as f**k and when they get that indoor stadium right in Civic they'll see a big jump in average attendances.

RWB

Bench
I look at the average crowds and seriously wonder how clubs like Manly, Cronulla, Roosters and even Penrith can sustain long term.

Roosters are expecting to break even this year with no grant from the leagues club. ~17k members would have something to do with it.

Also our match tickets are exorbitantly high compared to Sydney teams playing out of ANZ. It'd be interesting to know how much each club made out of a 20k crowd @ their respective home stadiums.

TheFrog

Coach
Roosters are expecting to break even this year with no grant from the leagues club. ~17k members would have something to do with it.

Also our match tickets are exorbitantly high compared to Sydney teams playing out of ANZ. It'd be interesting to know how much each club made out of a 20k crowd @ their respective home stadiums.

How much is general admission at a Roosters game? In case I make the trek on Saturday (although Bathurst the following Saturday is far more likely).

LineBall

Juniors
Actually our best is 7.30 Sat or a Sunday....We get neither this season

Point taken. I should have said imagine if all teams could play at their preferred time slot. I'm sure the cowboys would always pick Saturday nights if possible as well. Broncos would love Sunday afternoons all the time, as would a lot of other clubs I'd guess.

RWB

Bench
How much is general admission at a Roosters game? In case I make the trek on Saturday (although Bathurst the following Saturday is far more likely).

$33 at the gate which seems a bit over the top against a team that doesn't particularly draw well.

In fairness a GA ticket will get you a seat on the 20-30m line @ the SFS.

franklin2323

Immortal

A sellout gives us about $100k

franklin2323

Immortal
$33 at the gate which seems a bit over the top against a team that doesn't particularly draw well.

40m at Penrith for $25 but they want you to buy memberships so get you for the at the gate

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Even after 20 years of failure and ridiculous management decisions we're still financially in good shape.

If you look at our record over the last 20 seasons we haven't been a serious contender at all, we haven't even made a grand final qualifying final. Our performance over the last 2 decades is the worst in the league, even worse than the cowboys, sharks and souths, yet there remains a hard core fan base.

TheFrog

Coach

Yeah its a bit high, and yes we aren't great travellers.

I am looking at both. Got the hotel booked for Bathurst so that's a certain starter

I'm looking at driving up and back on the day, only 2 hours or so each way.

For Tigers v Bulldogs:
- Any NRL ticketed member or person who buys a ticket for any other round 19 game will get in for free.
- Tigers fans who's membership is for Leichhardt or Campbelltown will get in for free.
- Tigers gave away 2 free tickets to every person who had delays in receiving their membership.

Should be a very big crowd.

betcats

Referee
Probably been mentioned already but any NRL club members and anybody with a ticket to another match this round will get into ANZ(Dogs game i think) for free. Brilliant.

Also I heard the knights have sold 26k tickets already, great to see people getting behind this round.

juro

Bench
Probably been mentioned already but any NRL club members and anybody with a ticket to another match this round will get into ANZ(Dogs game i think) for free. Brilliant.

Also I heard the knights have sold 26k tickets already, great to see people getting behind this round.
All I can see on this is a tweet from ANZ Stadium.
@ANZStadium FREE entry @ANZStadium to #NRLWSTCBY for @NRL ticketed club members & anyone who buys a ticket to a Round 19 game this weekend. #RiseForAlex
https://twitter.com/ANZStadium/status/489312524576104448

I can't see anything on it on the NRL website or Wests Tigers website. It is a great offer, but there has been minimal effort to get the word out.

betcats

Referee
Yeah I just heard it on the BSB this morning, its an ANZ iniative i think rather then the Dogs or NRL putting it on so good on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts