What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
15k is a great result - it's windy and wet as f**k, plus form and the comedown from Rise for Alex. Well done to the Knights fans who made the trek to Hunter.

Even allowing for previous years, 36k is great for Broncos/Storm too.

Good crowd for Lang Park tonight. Lower bowl definitely looked pretty full from my vantage point. Hell of a night to get to the game though -- took and hour and a half. A good 70 minutes (!) of that was the bus from Carindale.

The Captain Cook bridge was a nightmare. I thought the game was going to kick off with dozens of buses full of people nowhere near the ground.

Good thing that had Fatboy Slim Dusty to keep the crowd entertained until 7.50 or thereabouts.

Anyway.

I personally never understood what the big fuss was with the whole full vs half strength alcohol at the footy. Half the time it's sooo cold in winter at the footy I can't be assed drinking anyway. Same goes for the food, it's usually that low in quality and that high in price I don't know why people bother.

It is only after all a 2 hour footy game, you're not there for 6 hours. Then again heaps of my mates complain and it seems to be a big reason they wont go to the footy because it's half strength beer so go figure...

I'm days late into this part of the thread, so sorry. But my ritual is on beer before the game and one at half time. And when the bus is running like tonight, you have to be quick about it.

Yeah, it's crappy Gold. Yeah, it costs $7.20. But that ritual's over 20 years old. What can I do about it now???

The best place for a beer and footy IMHO is Langlands or Kougari. Bar none.

Billythekid

First Grade
Knights crowd was pretty damn good considering everything going against it. Broncos crowd wasn't as good as previous outings for that match but still a pretty good showing. Hopefully we get some more good crowds this week.

guyver78

Juniors
wow? The same fixture got 41467 in 2012 and 40071 in 2013.

I don't know what some of you guys are expecting given the fact Origin has just finished. Here is a classic example of Origin having an effect on club games and it will happen for weeks to come.

So for those who thought Origin ticket prices were justified here is the after effect.

oikee

Juniors
Worst game of footy all year the Broncos. One out footy with no spark or created play. The Storm made them look like amateurs.
Meanwhile the Knights were outstanding. Well done.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I don't know what some of you guys are expecting given the fact Origin has just finished. Here is a classic example of Origin having an effect on club games and it will happen for weeks to come.

So for those who thought Origin ticket prices were justified here is the after effect.

Interesting theory but what evidence do you have - indeed what evidence could ever support this.

elbusto

Coach
Carrington Park is filling nicely and its only Toyota Cup at the moment - looks like being a bumper crowd there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts