What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
So because the RSA and event staff don't do their job, we suffer. No wonder crowds are not going up that much! Australians like a beer or two at the footy, we don't like watered down half strength rubbish!

Here here!!!

Which outside ANZ still only serves mid strength trash! It is why I have brought a 'Sprite' bottle with booze the last few times I have gone to that rubbish stadium. I like the SCG/SFS, more restaurants within distance and more good pubs.

Pretty sure kogarah does the VB mid and WIN does the vb mid cans.

guyver78

Juniors
Which outside ANZ still only serves mid strength trash! It is why I have brought a 'Sprite' bottle with booze the last few times I have gone to that rubbish stadium. I like the SCG/SFS, more restaurants within distance and more good pubs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't XXXX Gold mid strength garbage anyway???

pHyR3

Juniors
anyone got PAX on tigers vs dragons?? could be a very big one given benji vs tigers and the tigs big win last week.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't XXXX Gold mid strength garbage anyway???

How hard is it to have Crown Lager, Peroni, Carlton Draught, and a few others that are full strength. It isn't the cost it is the fact we are paying FULL PRICE for half strength! If you want to serve mid strength, drop the prices!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just looking at scg tickets for sths v manly. Surprised how few areas are on general sale. Over a third of the stadium is scg members!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just looking at scg tickets for sths v manly. Surprised how few areas are on general sale. Over a third of the stadium is scg members!

What is your point! You realise the SCG/SFS membership is $1100 annually. I mean I'm happy to pay it (cricket mainly)...plus those fees FUND the developments. Not every upgrade comes from the government, in fact very few. A person paying $1100 is always valued more than a bloke paying lets say $50 a ticket. There is always very few tickets for the public at the SCG.

guyver78

Juniors
How hard is it to have Crown Lager, Peroni, Carlton Draught, and a few others that are full strength. It isn't the cost it is the fact we are paying FULL PRICE for half strength! If you want to serve mid strength, drop the prices!

I agree with you, hence why I don't drink at the footy. Last time I drank heavily at the footy I had a hangover so painful I still remember it today. You get served up mid strength garbage so you end up drinking more and you just get dehydrated more the next day.

They wont drop the prices because it's all about extracting as much $$$ out of you as possible be that your club or the stadium trust.

Valheru

Coach
Why do you genii think they only sell half strength beer? It's to stop yobbos getting sloshed and ruining things for everyone else. Yes, it means that sensible drinkers can't enjoy a full strength beer but that's a small price to pay. Unless you want wankers punching on on the stands or invading the field.

The SFS sells full strength beer and I am yet to see a biff.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I agree with you, hence why I don't drink at the footy. Last time I drank heavily at the footy I had a hangover so painful I still remember it today. You get served up mid strength garbage so you end up drinking more and you just get dehydrated more the next day.

They wont drop the prices because it's all about extracting as much $$$ out of you as possible be that your club or the stadium trust.

Yeah i end up looking like a bloated cow.

thorson1987

Coach
I remember as a teenager whenever the Tigers played at C/Town on a Friday or Saturday night me and mates would sit on the family hill, yet so many people were hammered just by sneaking in hipflasks with vodka or bourbon in them.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I remember as a teenager whenever the Tigers played at C/Town on a Friday or Saturday night me and mates would sit on the family hill, yet so many people were hammered just by sneaking in hipflasks with vodka or bourbon in them.

Students still do this!

One origin at ANZ many years ago my friends and I opened the lining of our jackets and put an 8pack of those disgusting extra dry platinum's down it each and then put on a dryazabone.

I was 18, boy genius.

thorson1987

Coach
I have never snuck alcohol into a game.

Only ever drank alot at 2 games.

06 Grand Final - Got there when gates opened and drank the whole day. (probably a good thing too)

07 SOO game 3 at ANZ iirc. Started drinking when I finished work and on the train in. Bought 4 beers at kickoff then another 4 at half time.

these days I take my son to games so we sit on the family hill and I have a coke.

juro

Bench
Students still do this!

One origin at ANZ many years ago my friends and I opened the lining of our jackets and put an 8pack of those disgusting extra dry platinum's down it each and then put on a dryazabone.

I was 18, boy genius.
Just try not to clink as you walk through...

Status
Not open for further replies.