What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
Pretty good today. 20k average. Across both games

Tigers v drags can become exclusive anz game forever basically

Will grow to 30plus

Need full reciprocal rights, free as well!

We have it with souths now, plus gate sharing I think. Need to do the same with tigers. Get all the members in, have both clubs promote it.

Saint Doc

Coach

We have it with souths now, plus gate sharing I think. Need to do the same with tigers. Get all the members in, have both clubs promote it.

There isn't full reciprocal for souths either. It's bloody ridiculous.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Unbeleivable I thought they would have had this in place with the anz tennants already! Wouldn't that be half the point of moving games there?! Why do they only have it for some and not others at anz? Bulldogs, dragons, tigers and souths should all have dual access against each other at the ground

Should be a good cowboys home crowd with 2 away wins. Surely, manly can pack out brookie once this season being top of the ladder surely what else do manly supporters need to show up.

RWB

Bench
Thought they might get more given the $25 & $28 family tickets that were on offer to both the Sunday games. Beautiful day too, pass mark for both games IMO.

Gotta keep in mind I guess Homebush isn't home territory for any of the 4 merged areas that played there today so it would've been a fair trek for most.

The Mr Bean @ the Warriors game was the highlight, he absolutely nailed it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
18k average so far over the 7 games, Dogs crowd the only real let down. I *do* have question marks over the Sharks being the game taken to Bathurst (why not GC or NQ etc?) but in context not a poor crowd there.

Raiders v Rabbitohs will probably net 8-9k tomorrow to finish us with a 16.5k-ish average. Season average will sit just below 16,200

We would easily get over 16.5k if some of the big clashes coming up weren't on Thursday or Friday night. Might be able to still get there with some good promotion.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Melbournians tend to have more of a 'go to sports' culture than Sydneysiders. No idea why. But you put on the world chess championships in either city, and Melb will get bigger crowds.

On the NRL front, they really havent tried hard to develop crowds for 50-60 years. We are now playing catchup - and encouraging signs im recent years for clubs like Souths, Bulldogs, Eels all recording a growth over the last 5-6 yrs.

You cant be at the summit immediately, as long as they start climbing the mountain.

A lot of that can be put down to league's access to poker machines via their leagues clubs.

This guaranteed revenue stream mean they didn't have to work hard on crowds to survive. Melbourne, I dont believe, had the same fallback.

There are probably some major cultural differences that contribute to this as well.

I honestly have no idea what the reason is. Perhaps the existence of Union as a direct competitor has a bit to do with it, and the much wider geographical distribution of teams, and the inferior infrastructure and transport, but I don't think there's a clear reason why. The culture of Sydney supporters is not as much about attending games as Melbourne supporters. This is a simple fact. It irks me, and I wish the NRL would get far more proactive about changing it. 22,000 for Tigers vs Dragons in perfect conditions should be 3 times that, like a clash between similarly big clubs in Melbourne would be. There have been 15 crowds over 50,000 at the MCG thus far this year. There have been 8 home and away crowds over 50,000 in Sydney since 1957, plus 3 double headers. El Diablo can rant and rave and insult anyone who points this out, but it remains a fact, and one we should not be happy about.

please go and follow AFL

wanker

You are completely incapable of dealing with any opinion or fact that slightly challenges your own ideas, and resort to insults as a substitute for thought. The only wanker here is you.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Next we'll be suggesting we pay fans to attend! Making games free to attend is hardly indication of growth of supporter base.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should be a good cowboys home crowd with 2 away wins. Surely, manly can pack out brookie once this season being top of the ladder surely what else do manly supporters need to show up.

Manly's supporters do show up. They just don't have many of them. They are a good example of a suburban club that has failed to grow its relevance beyond a few postcodes. Some Sydney clubs have embraced a city wide approach whilst others remain confined to small populations.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Next we'll be suggesting we pay fans to attend! Making games free to attend is hardly indication of growth of supporter base.

Do you have any f**king clue?

Souths, Parramatta, Wests, Canterbury and to a limited extent Saints all play home games at ANZ and apart from some Dragons membership types, these games are all "recpirocal rights" matches. It means members of the away club gain access to the reciprocal game.

This eventuality has generally been factored into each club's membership prices to show that realistically, you're getting 12, 13 or 14 games rather than the advertised 10.

*slow clap*

cleary89

Coach

If we are being wanted to believe that anz is saints home ground, f**k paying to go there when we are the away team.

Saint Doc

Coach
Do you have any f**king clue?

Souths, Parramatta, Wests, Canterbury and to a limited extent Saints all play home games at ANZ and apart from some Dragons membership types, these games are all "recpirocal rights" matches. It means members of the away club gain access to the reciprocal game.

This eventuality has generally been factored into each club's membership prices to show that realistically, you're getting 12, 13 or 14 games rather than the advertised 10.

*slow clap*

NO dragons memberships include "reciprocal" rights, a few dragons memberships allow you to pay extra to attend away games at ANZ, much like how you would if you bought a ticket.

It's s farce people thinking 19,000 redv members had access today. More likely, 1,000 redv members had pre-bought a ticket with their membership

NO dragons memberships include "reciprocal" rights, a few dragons memberships allow you to pay extra to attend away games at ANZ, much like how you would if you bought a ticket.

It's s farce people thinking 19,000 redv members had access today. More likely, 1,000 redv members had pre-bought a ticket with their membership

Very confusing considering that the Dragons stated the following on their website earlier this week

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced that the following Red V Memberships allow reciprocal rights for the fixture against the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on Sunday.
The Red V Memberships are:

• Platinum
  • All-In Plus
  • Metro Pass Plus
  • West Wing
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/07/22/red_v_members_information_round_20.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts