What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

insert.pause

First Grade
I have no doubt they'll get at least 30,000 if not more.

However, does the late kick off time effect it, I think its like 8.45 kick off.

It's a crazy late kickoff and is only so it's in primetime in Australia, maybe kiwis are use to it being so late?

Excluding members the cake tin capacity is only 31k.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It's a crazy late kickoff and is only so it's in primetime in Australia, maybe kiwis are use to it being so late?

Excluding members the cake tin capacity is only 31k.

Im happy for it being live here but typical if Ch 9 forced them to have that kickoff.

If Fox Sports had the rights it wouldve been a 7.30 kick off there, so 5.30 here.

Red Bear

Referee
Was pretty good at the gong, hill was packed, southern and western stands pretty full, northern stand had some empty seats.

Must've been the biggest wollongong crowd for a while though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So the 4 Nations tournament averaged more than the NRL season?

Tell me again how it was a failure?

Flapper

First Grade
ENGvSAM/AUSvNZ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane: 47,813
NZvSAM Toll Stadium, Whangarei: 16,912
AUSvENG AAMI Park, Melbourne: 20,585
NZvENG Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin: 15,836
AUSvSAM WIN Stadium, Woollongong: 18,456

Current Total: 119,602
Current Avg: 19,934 (23,920 across the 5 venues)

Except the average is like 27000 odd. For the bazillionth time the announced crowd in a double header counts for both games you don't halve it.

pHyR3

Juniors
Except the average is like 27000 odd. For the bazillionth time the announced crowd in a double header counts for both games you don't halve it.

errr no. you take total crowd and divide by total games to calculate crowd per game.

if you want crowd per stadium, then you can use your methodology.

otherwise we could play 3-4 nrl games in a day at anz. sell it out and now all of a sudden NRL games in sydney are averaging 60-70k+!!! so much more popular than afl right?

luckily people aren't that stupid: e.g. RLWC 2013 crowds 16,374 per match not crowd per venue cause it had a double header. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Rugby_League_World_Cup

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
errr no. you take total crowd and divide by total games to calculate crowd per game.

otherwise we could play 3-4 nrl games in a day at anz. sell it out and now all of a sudden NRL games in sydney are averaging 60-70k+!!! so much more popular than afl right?

I have also done that, but you still don't count them twice, it's just averaged by number of venues rather than games, which gives an average of 23,920 across the 5 stadiums.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the 4 Nations tournament averaged more than the NRL season?

Tell me again how it was a failure?

Ask dave smith.despite spouting on about the importance in international RL he decided to cancel the biggest international RL series in over a decade next year.

hutch

First Grade
Ask dave smith.despite spouting on about the importance in international RL he decided to cancel the biggest international RL series in over a decade next year.

It wasn't Dave smiths decision. The arl were supportive of the lions tour and a preliminary schedule was being mapped out. The players association knocked it back, the arl bowed down to them.

Flapper

First Grade

luckily people aren't that stupid: e.g. RLWC 2013 crowds 16,374 per match not crowd per venue cause it had a double header. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Rugby_League_World_Cup

If I go to a double header do I attend two games or one? I see two so I should count for two. End of section.

pHyR3

Juniors
who cares if australia arent doing anything rep footy wise next year?

International RL shouldnt be that reliant on australia to organise and do absolutely everything. We can have a meaningful international footy calendar in 2015 WITHOUT australia.

Latest posts