What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I reckon there is under 500 people who would be a roosters member and a swans member as well

End of the day the swans market themselves to all of Sydney

Sydney roosters markets itself to bondi junction

The end

pcpp

Juniors
Did not know this semi was on a friday...................new prediction around 60k.

Why?

A regular season game on a Friday night last year got 60k.

Dogs v Eels on a Friday night a few years back in a prelim got 74k.

This game should really push the capacity of the stadium.

rabbit0h8

Juniors
Why haven't they started selling prelim tickets yet? If they started selling them on the Monday after week 1 you would think they would have already sold 30k for next Friday and maybe 20k for Saturday.

some11

Referee
I'm just assuming Souths vs Roosters is going to get a huge crowd, is there any particular reason to by cynical about it or are people actually expecting an average crowd?

It's a grand final qualifier FFS.

insert.pause

First Grade
Why haven't they started selling prelim tickets yet? If they started selling them on the Monday after week 1 you would think they would have already sold 30k for next Friday and maybe 20k for Saturday.

I don't get that either, should be on sale from tomorrow morning, not Monday.

I think it might get 55k, just can't see it getting more than that after what turned up for souths in wk1 and roosters the last two weeks.

BunniesMan

Immortal
55k? Souths-Easts got more than that in round 26 last year. It won't be below 60k if there is no rain.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
And the roosters will keep winning games and you all can keep posting about crowds cause your teams aren't there

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
For what it is worth, the NRL seems to hive made a dint in the AFL crowd as well at 48k (apparently +10k last year), and vice versa. Definitely 5-10k floating "eastern suburbs" fans.

Saint Doc

Coach
C08B877E-5F97-42BF-B505-AE2380F48D9E.jpg

Brutus

Referee
Did not know this semi was on a friday...................new prediction around 60k.

Nice change of prediction there champ. So you did not know it is on a Friday night hey lol You do know the 59k Roosters v Souths game last year was on a Friday night do you? You were basing your initial 'closer to 80k' prediction on the fact these two teams attracted 59k last year.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
For what it is worth, the NRL seems to hive made a dint in the AFL crowd as well at 48k (apparently +10k last year), and vice versa. Definitely 5-10k floating "eastern suburbs" fans.

There is no doubt that a sizeable number if sports fans float between the roosters swans and tahs. With all 3 successful it really does water down the number of casuals who will attend our games. We got our premiership last year so for many casuals that may have been enough to see them move on. There was a flood of swans fans in the city heading west from 5pm onwards.

Still disappointed by the crowd which I expected to be 25k. But it was a good atmosphere especially the second half.

Next week I expect the crowd will be anything from 60k-70k depending on neutrals. People say that we got 60k last year in round 26. But remember that match had a huge finals like build up and as a result mobilised most of the fans willing to attend games already. I doubt there are many more fans of either team who will go to a game at anz