What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Valheru

Coach
It should have been a couple thousand more but once again the hysteria regarding roosters crowds is ridiculous. If that was against any other Sydeny club and the exact same amount of roosters fans turn up you get 25 - 40k crowd depending on who we play.

I don't think next week will get 80k, should be over 70 though.

RWB

Bench
It should have been a couple thousand more but once again the hysteria regarding roosters crowds is ridiculous. If that was against any other Sydeny club and the exact same amount of roosters fans turn up you get 25 - 40k crowd depending on who we play.

I don't think next week will get 80k, should be over 70 though.

Nah last night was just flat out poor, even factoring in a few excuses a finals game shouldn't ever be drawing under 20k.

RWB

Bench
Still can't get any reserved seating. NRL yet to open the upper tier.

Honestly... what the f**k are they doing?

ouwet

Bench
Still can't get any reserved seating. NRL yet to open the upper tier.

Honestly... what the f**k are they doing?

It's a joke! I personally know 3 people who now won't e going!!

Bulldogs GA is now directing us to Manly GA... It's going to be a sea of blue n white with a massive empty top tier because of NRL stupidity!

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
It's beyond a joke. The upper eastern stand should of been open from day 1. Manly V Bulldogs was obviously going to draw a crowd big enough to need it.

Now they have lost a full days worth of sales because there is no other seating available. Not sure if this is a ticketek f**k up or the NRL.

The way i see it, it's a 45K seat stadium, so 45K seats should of gone on sale from day 1. None of this holding back tickets bullshit that does nothing but hamper sales.

RWB

Bench
It's beyond a joke. The upper eastern stand should of been open from day 1. Manly V Bulldogs was obviously going to draw a crowd big enough to need it.

Now they have lost a full days worth of sales because there is no other seating available. Not sure if this is a ticketek f**k up or the NRL.

The way i see it, it's a 45K seat stadium, so 45K seats should of gone on sale from day 1. None of this holding back tickets bullshit that does nothing but hamper sales.

It's an NRL f**k up, Roosters opened up the upper East tier on short notice a few times this season with ease. Tiicketek are more than capable of handling it.

The NRL clearly just haven't planned ahead. Based on previous experiences I'd say getting staff to man the extra bars & food outlets on such short notice is the issue.

insert.pause

First Grade
It's an NRL f**k up, Roosters opened up the upper East tier on short notice a few times this season with ease. Tiicketek are more than capable of handling it.

The NRL clearly just haven't planned ahead. Based on previous experiences I'd say getting staff to man the extra bars & food outlets on such short notice is the issue.

$

Diesel

Referee
How were finals packed out at the SFS (when all finals were played there) in the early to mid 90's regardless of the teams playing yet a club whose home ground it is could only drag in 16-17K (Cows would've had 1-2k of fans last night)

t-ba

Post Whore
How were finals packed out at the SFS (when all finals were played there) in the early to mid 90's regardless of the teams playing yet a club whose home ground it is could only drag in 16-17K (Cows would've had 1-2k of fans last night)

They were all played on Weekends in the daytime and were viewed as proper events fixed in the schedule months beforehand. Plus the stench that has never lifted from the game since SL wasn't there.

insert.pause

First Grade

live TV, it's easier to stay in.

Brutus

Referee
Heads should roll for this type of shit.

The eastern side is the tv facing side as well so that will look shit if not open.

The top level being empty can be hidden from the TV...........the lower sections empty can't be.

But yes, stupidity at its finest..........

Diesel

Referee
Heads should roll for this type of shit.

The eastern side is the tv facing side as well so that will look shit if not open.

Agreed. If this is the best the NRL can do them hand back the marketing, ownership and gate revenue to the clubs.

I hope after this shitty tv deal we go back to Saturday and Sunday semi and preliminary finals and a twilight GF

Brutus

Referee
Agreed. If this is the best the NRL can do them hand back the marketing, ownership and gate revenue to the clubs.

I hope after this shitty tv deal we go back to Saturday and Sunday semi and preliminary finals and a twilight GF

Agree.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They were all played on Weekends in the daytime and were viewed as proper events fixed in the schedule months beforehand. Plus the stench that has never lifted from the game since SL wasn't there.

Perhaps the answer is to set the finals venues as neutral ground events and have locations bid for games in the same way the World Cup is scheduled

This would mean tickets could be made avaailable well in advance and the games would have to be promoted as big event days (like the GF or Origin) rather than depending on sales within a single week lead-up.

(This would be if the NRL was to form conferences, but i think it could work now an would solve a lot of these problems)

BlueandGold

Juniors
f**k me dead you boys must be on the cans early, i can purchase tickets in all areas bar the Kennel and there is only single tickets left in cat 2...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Do ticketek, the stadium or nrl determine when the upper east gets opened? It seems a bit strange that that whole tier would be with held in an all Sydney clash were the expected crowd would be 30k+

I just tried to buy category 1 tickets and could only get single seats in Bay 15

Juanjo

Juniors
Should the NRL be concerned that a mid-year game in a city without a team (Perth) manages to get 20k+ two years in a row and finals footy is well below that? It's finals footy, even a starved Perth crowd shouldn't be able to match an elimination final