What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Too literally? Are you saying what's been presented as the layout isn't actually the case? Because that's what too literally would mean... :? Of course I'm taking it literally...

Last night was a disaster. Reserved tickets had been exhausted & limited for over 24 hours & by the time the NRL finally opened up the upper East stand they had to make what shoudl've been a reserved seating area General Admission seating because it was too late to do anything else.

You were at Manly v Dogs and think the ticketing was a disaster? :/

The key difference for Adelaide is the support the SANFL receives from the Advertiser.

For many years during the reign of News Ltd. over our game, the Courier Mail saw fit to completely bury QRL competition as it was viewed as a competitor to their beloved Broncos. They saw no need to promote or even report on the QRL lest it drag attention away from their cash cow.

Ratings for Queensland Cup matches when the ABC were broadcasting them proved irresistible for a commercial network, and proof that interest was still strong, though somewhat dormant. But without regular reportage it allowed the disconnect between people and the clubs to fester.

The QRL needs to continue to build on the gains that have been made over the past ten years or so. But it would be nice if the CM did their bit just as the Advertiser does in Adelaide.

I'm on holidays on the gold coast and have noticed the q cup is getting way more publicity than when I spent time up here in the mid 2000s. East v Wynumm had a full page in the Courier Mail, live on channel 9 and a few minutes in the main channel 9 news.

dragons__

Juniors
We were never going to out number them 6/7 too 1! It would've been 20K Bulldogs, 8K Manly, great atmosphere.

This week the crowds should be good...

Souths V Easts - 35,000 South Sydney supporters, 20,000 Roosters, 5K Sponsers/ANZ members, 8K Neutrals (Who will probably go for South Sydney) - Crowd 68,000

Penrith V Bulldogs - 35,000 Bulldog supporters, 15,000 Penrith, 5K Sponsers/ANZ members, 5K Neutrals (Who will probably for for Penrith) - Crowd - Crowd 60,000

There are way more than 5,000 stadium members. Closer to 15k-20k

guyver78

Juniors
Just got my tickets to the Rabbitohs v Roosters game. Tickets selling like hotcakes. Ended up getting Aisle 106. Most of Level 4 east appears all but sold out.

NRL Grand Final has come a week early...

guyver78

Juniors
Yes. Just bought a 135 buck family ticket and have been allocated 1 seat.

What the f**k!!!!!

Pax 6863 for what it's worth

Really? I just tried that and i got the following

Area: Eastern Side

Category: Category 2

Section:

101-1

Row:

Seat/s:

17-20

These tickets are currently the best available that match your request

ezyTicket

1 x Ticketed Members - Family

$170.00

Valheru

Coach
Define domestic? No difference between super 15 and NRL. Clubs in cities playing n a multinational league. What's the difference?

Domestic is defined by who runs the competition. Even though the warriors are in the NRL the NRL itself is an Australian body and thus a domestic competition. SANZAR is a multinational/international (whatever word you want to use) body so it is not a domestic comp. It is the exact same as the FA opposed to UEFA etc.

ouwet

Bench
Really? I just tried that and i got the following

Area: Eastern Side

Category: Category 2

Section:

101-1

Row:

Seat/s:

17-20

These tickets are currently the best available that match your request

ezyTicket

1 x Ticketed Members - Family

$170.00

Did they come in four seperate tickets? Brutus, you might need to ring the useless pricks!

Danish

Referee
Where abouts are you sitting mate? The whole Cat 1 reserved section on Level 1 east sold out in about 2 minutes.

Bay 109.

I reckon they've likely split the stadium down the middle depending on which club you are a member of, because you can still get tickets in bay 109 when using my members code right now.

Souths fans obviously snapping up tickets at a faster rate than roosters, as is to be expected.

Benny77

Juniors
Just gave 'em a call. Said they'd rebook for me and give another conformation email but it's been about 20 mins and nothings come through. I ain't paying $135 for 1 ticket