What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Guarantee we'll sell out the Chookpen in the first day of ticket sales, unlike Penrith who didn't sell out The Den until the last day.

But you keep telling yourself that.

We both have shit crowds but only one of us is in the city and in denial

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Would have thought they would have the venue map clearly showing the stadium split down the middle like they did in the past for the big tigers v dragons and bulldogs v Parra finals of the past

RWB

Bench
Would have thought they would have the venue map clearly showing the stadium split down the middle like they did in the past for the big tigers v dragons and bulldogs v Parra finals of the past

The whole finals series has been poorly run by the NRL IMO. I'm yet to be convinced that it shouldn't just be left up to the hosting team.

Clubs just inherently have a better understanding of what their fans want and how to deliver the best atmosphere as it's their job year round, not just for one month out of every year.

insert.pause

First Grade
The whole finals series has been poorly run by the NRL IMO. I'm yet to be convinced that it shouldn't just be left up to the hosting team.

Clubs just inherently have a better understanding of what their fans want and how to deliver the best atmosphere as it's their job year round, not just for one month out of every year.

and whose fault was it for your poor crowds the rest of the year?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL just released their seating maps for the games @ ANZ and there's only two dedicated bays for supporters of each side.

I mean honestly, you think the Roosters fans are only going to fill one Chookpen bay or Souths only one Burrow bay in a Grand Final qualifier? The NRL's running of this finals series has been nothing short of embarrassing.

To describe it as incompetence would be flattering.

Atmosphere101.

Oh FFS, "dedicated bays"... the ticketing will be done half half as it always has. It was yesterday for the Allianz game FFS.

There are 7 elimination games a year in the NRL. 28 and 18k in week 2 isn't good enough for any team.

Souths v Manly getting 25k is also disgraceful, do you admit that?

RWB

Bench
and whose fault was it for your poor crowds the rest of the year?

I don't think it's affected Roosters finals games considering we've played two sides with minimal away support there's been less concern over grouping supporters together.

Would've been nice to extend the Chookpen to more bays but this wouldn't have put people off purchasing tickets in CAT 3 or CAT 2 bays in close proximity.

It's the other games that I think would've benefited from stronger organisation of seating allocations. Last nights drama with the east upper tier was nothing short of embarrassing.

Is a good seating map too much to ask for?

Timmah

Staff member
When you buy tickets, doesn't ticketek ask you who you're supporting then allocates tickets on that basis? Calm your f**king farm, dude.

RWB

Bench
Oh FFS, "dedicated bays"... the ticketing will be done half half as it always has. It was yesterday for the Allianz game FFS.

Thanks scoop.

Would you not agree that The Kennel being stretched over 3-5 (possibly more?) bays would not create a better atmosphere than what it will be on Saturday night when The Kennel will only be about 1 bay. Placed in between CAT1 & CAT 2 bays?

It's a poor layout, that's my point.

JonnoM

Juniors

Prelim Finals attendance for the AFL.

You would think the NRL would have a crack at topping that next weekend?

Timmah

Staff member
I think you're taking the layouts a little too literally.

Last night's atmosphere was utterly fantastic, I commend the NRL for last night. No idea what happened Friday but yeah - no issues last night whatsoever.

elbusto

Coach

Last night's atmosphere was utterly fantastic, I commend the NRL for last night. No idea what happened Friday but yeah - no issues last night whatsoever.

Atmosphere was fantastic on telly.

RWB

Bench

Too literally? Are you saying what's been presented as the layout isn't actually the case? Because that's what too literally would mean... :? Of course I'm taking it literally...

Last night was a disaster. Reserved tickets had been exhausted & limited for over 24 hours & by the time the NRL finally opened up the upper East stand they had to make what shoudl've been a reserved seating area General Admission seating because it was too late to do anything else.

JonnoM

Juniors
Interesting possibility
2014 NRL Finals attendances

140,013 - so far ( 6 games)

60,000-Penrith v Bulldogs
70,000-Souths v Roosters
82,000- NRL Grand Final

Would create an all time NSWRL/ARL/NRL record attendance aggregate for any finals series.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Souths v Manly getting 25k is also disgraceful, do you admit that?
It wasn't good enough but not as bad as the other games because it wasn't an elimination game. A qualifying final isn't the same because fans know they'll see their team again no matter what.
Interesting possibility
2014 NRL Finals attendances

140,013 - so far ( 6 games)

60,000-Penrith v Bulldogs
70,000-Souths v Roosters
82,000- NRL Grand Final

Would create an all time NSWRL/ARL/NRL record attendance aggregate for any finals series.
The fact that it would be an alltime record is an embarrassment. The prelims and GF will be good crowds but the first 2 weeks should see 30k+ as a baseline.

Starkers

Bench
so at the moment 09 is the record with 351,448. need a further 211,436 to overtake that. good chance i reckon.