What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

guyver78

Juniors
PAX numbers at ANZ stadium don't contain any ANZ stadium members so you wont get an accurate number anyway.

Rabbitohs supporters should outnumber Roosters about 2-1 if not slightly more and Dogs will easily outnumber the Panthers 3-1 if not more.

guyver78

Juniors
Bulldogs V Panthers PAX 21,000

To put in perspective... Bulldogs V Parramatta in 2009 had a PAX of 30,000 after day one that Crowd was 74K+

To put something else into perspective too, Category 1 reserved tickets were also $60 in 2009. Today that same Category 1 reserved seat is $110, almost double.

I don't know anybody's wage that's gone up in the same proportion.

pHyR3

Juniors
To put something else into perspective too, Category 1 reserved tickets were also $60 in 2009. Today that same Category 1 reserved seat is $110, almost double.

I don't know anybody's wage that's gone up in the same proportion.

yea why are tix so expensive. $40 for GA??

Chook Norris

First Grade
I can't say I see Saturday's game getting 60k. 50 to mid 50's MAX Imo

Although, that would be awesome having two prelim games get above 60k. When was the last time that happened?

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
at the end of the monday? thats insane.

It was insane... 50K by day 2 (Tuesday) and then it died down! Game was on Friday! If the game was on a Saturday it would've sold out.

I know people always mention walk up, but there are hardly any walk ups for finals games... 1-2K Max

Flapper

First Grade
Cause our game is run by an unrealistic rich banker who is clueless.

Or because it's a f**king Grand Final Qualifier perhaps?

Anything for a f**king whinge some of you merkins, $40 base price for the 2nd and 3rd biggest games of the season is a decent price.

Danish

Referee
yea why are tix so expensive. $40 for GA??

Average cost for a finals ticket in 2013 was actually lower than 2012 - more people attended games yet less ticket revenue was taken in overall. General public pricing is much higher, but members are getting much better pricing for tickets with the $15 single ticket and $50 family pass options.

Basically they are encouraging people to spend a bit of money to become a member of their club to secure cheap tickets to finals games.

Only issue I see is that the NRL doesn't seem to be pushing this benefit enough. Allowing people to sign up to a membership and purchase a $15 single or $50 family pass at the same time would have been an ideal promotion.

Danish

Referee

Anything for a f**king whinge some of you merkins, $40 base price for the 2nd and 3rd biggest games of the season is a decent price.

To compare, GA at a Souths or Bulldogs game sets you back $25. A $15 premium for a preliminary final seems quite reasonable to me.

PAX numbers at ANZ stadium don't contain any ANZ stadium members so you wont get an accurate number anyway.

Rabbitohs supporters should outnumber Roosters about 2-1 if not slightly more and Dogs will easily outnumber the Panthers 3-1 if not more.

Bulldogs have a big supporter base but 3 to 1 or more is ludicrous.

If the crowd is 55K

say 5K neutral

thats 35K to 38K dogs

& only 10k to 15K panthers

I know our crowds have been poor but its been a long time since we played in the final four, many people will come out of the woodwork for this.

It will be closer to 2 to 1 IMO.

cleary89

Coach
tempted to go friday to watch saints u20s if they are letting in club cards. although level 6 does suck.

Craigshark

First Grade

$110 for a seat which was only $60 a couple of years ago? f**k off you idiot, that's not reasonable.

ouwet

Bench
$110 for a seat which was only $60 a couple of years ago? f**k off you idiot, that's not reasonable.

$100... $110 for walk up!!

What sporting event has $60 tickets for Cat 1 for such a massive game??? U cannot expect to get prelim tickets for $60 for premium seats!!

Danish

Referee
aren't Cat 1 tickets to just regular home games at ANZ about $50 these days? Seems reasonable to make them $100 for a prelim