What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

guyver78

Juniors
Average cost for a finals ticket in 2013 was actually lower than 2012 - more people attended games yet less ticket revenue was taken in overall. General public pricing is much higher, but members are getting much better pricing for tickets with the $15 single ticket and $50 family pass options.

Basically they are encouraging people to spend a bit of money to become a member of their club to secure cheap tickets to finals games.

Only issue I see is that the NRL doesn't seem to be pushing this benefit enough. Allowing people to sign up to a membership and purchase a $15 single or $50 family pass at the same time would have been an ideal promotion.

Thing to also remember is that at any given NRL game or finals game the NRL know that an X amount of Souths supporters will turn up and Y amount of Roosters supporters will turn up regardless of ticket prices (people like us) and Z amount of Rabbitohs/Roosters/Neutrals will turn up based on the cost of tickets.

It's a simple cost/benefit analysis, as long as an X amount of revenue is reached the rest is just a bonus. It's all about extracting the maximum amount possible out of the people that will turn up and TV takes care of the rest.

Whether the crowd is 40K or 65K the end result for the NRL isn't that different. It just looks embarrassing, especially the way the media jumps on the bandwagon and starts bashing NRL crowds. NRL directors don't lose a minute of sleep because 20K less then anticipated turned up, it's only a very minor dint in revenue.

guyver78

Juniors
Or because it's a f**king Grand Final Qualifier perhaps?

Anything for a f**king whinge some of you merkins, $40 base price for the 2nd and 3rd biggest games of the season is a decent price.

Not arguing or saying it's unreasonable, just saying that this same seat was nearly 1/2 that price not all that long ago. So offcourse for someone like me it's not a big deal. I work, earn decent $$$ and only look after myself so I can afford to go.

A family of 4,5 or 6 however, that's a different story which answers the question of why 5 years ago THIS TIME the Dogs v Eels PAX was 30k whilst the Dogs v Panthers PAX of today at the same time is only 20K.

Ticket prices are definitely the reason why only 55K will turn up on Saturday as opposed to 70K.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not arguing or saying it's unreasonable, just saying that this same seat was nearly 1/2 that price not all that long ago. So offcourse for someone like me it's not a big deal. I work, earn decent $$$ and only look after myself so I can afford to go.

A family of 4,5 or 6 however, that's a different story which answers the question of why 5 years ago THIS TIME the Dogs v Eels PAX was 30k whilst the Dogs v Panthers PAX of today at the same time is only 20K.

Ticket prices are definitely the reason why only 55K will turn up on Saturday as opposed to 70K.

No way Jose. The reason will be that there are far more parra fans then Penrith fans and the bulldogs v eels is a traditional rivalry.

RWB

Bench
aren't Cat 1 tickets to just regular home games at ANZ about $50 these days? Seems reasonable to make them $100 for a prelim

Yeh I've got no issue with the CAT 1 prices, as we've seen all finals series fans have been buying CAT 1 & CAT 2 tickets the quickest and the prelim finals have shown nothing different. Fans are willing to pay top dollar for the best seats.

It's the CAT 3 tickets that have been hardest to move (ends very bare at SFS all finals series) and on that basis I do agree with pHyR3 that $45 ($50 walk up) is a little expensive. Especially when you consider that they (CAT3) make up about half, probbaly more of the total tickets on sale to non-ANZ member customers.

I'd be surprised if there's any CAT 1 or CAT 2 tickets left by Thursday for Friday's night game but there'll definitely be a shit load of CAT 3 tickets.

pHyR3

Juniors

no, the reason is because the eels are easily in the top 3 most popular sydney clubs along with the dogs and souths. they were on a ridiculous run of form as well.

That's why they pulled 51k midseason this year after 3 bottom 2 finishes.

pHyR3

Juniors
also the promo rushhour gets you $5 off all tix this week FYI.

they need to promote the fact its $10 off finals tickets if youre a member of the club. people will remember these prices and get memberships. i know my mates will

Chook Norris

First Grade
also the promo rushhour gets you $5 off all tix this week FYI.

they need to promote the fact its $10 off finals tickets if youre a member of the club. people will remember these prices and get memberships. i know my mates will

Ooh nice, works. Is actually $10 off, I think

guyver78

Juniors
no, the reason is because the eels are easily in the top 3 most popular sydney clubs along with the dogs and souths. they were on a ridiculous run of form as well.

That's why they pulled 51k midseason this year after 3 bottom 2 finishes.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it but so do ticket prices. Surely you're not forgetting that they cut those ticket prices by 1/2 on that Easter monday game between the Eels and Tigers.

Had those ticket prices have been full price you would not see anywhere near the 51K that they got.

BlueandGold

Juniors
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it but so do ticket prices. Surely you're not forgetting that they cut those ticket prices by 1/2 on that Easter monday game between the Eels and Tigers.

Had those ticket prices have been full price you would not see anywhere near the 51K that they got.

Eels got 30k in 2009 vs the Titans who brought with them no support....what were the ticket prices like for that final?

belmore eel

Juniors
Eels got 30k in 2009 vs the Titans who brought with them no support....what were the ticket prices like for that final?
The eels v titans in 2009 was week 2 on a friday night at allianz - crowd was 28,600.
That was bigger than dogs v manly last week, and there were maybe acouple hundred titans fans.

The easter mon game this year was a great crowd 50.6k and the cheap family ticket offer was only for 1day and sold approx 6k tickets

Round 26 , 2012 on a sunday night after getting wooden spoon, parra got 46k full paying fans to the hindy and burt farewell - only 4-5k dragons fans turned up - no syd team would get close to that after a spoon, no matter the occassion

ouwet

Bench
The eels v titans in 2009 was week 2 on a friday night at allianz - crowd was 28,600.
That was bigger than dogs v manly last week, and there were maybe acouple hundred titans fans.

The easter mon game this year was a great crowd 50.6k and the cheap family ticket offer was only for 1day and sold approx 6k tickets

Round 26 , 2012 on a sunday night after getting wooden spoon, parra got 46k full paying fans to the hindy and burt farewell - only 4-5k dragons fans turned up - no syd team would get close to that after a spoon, no matter the occassion

Who gives a F***!! News flash, it's the Prelim Finals and Parramatta are NOT IN IT, if you want to talk Parramatta go to the Parramatta forum!

belmore eel

Juniors
Who gives a F***!! News flash, it's the Prelim Finals and Parramatta are NOT IN IT, if you want to talk Parramatta go to the Parramatta forum!
Just responding to whats being said, but yr rite, why are we comparing crowds to 5 years ago. Last years prelim souths and manly had 44k - both games this week should pass that

Latest posts