What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Brutus

Referee
If the Burrow doesn't sell out for Friday night there is something massively wrong. Did someone say you can still buy tickets for the Rob Burrow?

RWB

Bench
If the Burrow doesn't sell out for Friday night there is something massively wrong. Did someone say you can still buy tickets for the Rob Burrow?

Only because they did a re-release of tickets this morning.

The Chookpen & Burrow will be sold out before lunch time again.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
57k Fri
42k Sat

My predictions.

Very conservative for Saturday there. Will surely be 50-60k?

Wish I could go Friday night as it won't happen very often in week 3 that the roosters and bunnies meet. But I hope it's a monster crowd, anything over 50k is a pass and over 60k would be a bonus. Will be interesting to see if our fans respond and travel west, lots of apathy this year it seems so two big crowds will be a good news story

ByRd

First Grade
50k is not a pass mark for Roosters v Rabbits when a Round 26 game for the minor premiership got 59k, this is for a spot in the grand final and really should be pushing 70k.

franklin2323

Immortal
Very conservative for Saturday there. Will surely be 50-60k?

Wish I could go Friday night as it won't happen very often in week 3 that the roosters and bunnies meet. But I hope it's a monster crowd, anything over 50k is a pass and over 60k would be a bonus. Will be interesting to see if our fans respond and travel west, lots of apathy this year it seems so two big crowds will be a good news story

I would say more neutrals on Sat night especially given the free junior passes are accepted and a non work day

franklin2323

Immortal
50k is not a pass mark for Roosters v Rabbits when a Round 26 game for the minor premiership got 59k, this is for a spot in the grand final and really should be pushing 70k.

The bottom bowl will be full. After 50 odd it's the top and I wouldn't pay $50 to sit up there. Needs a Category 4 or something for those nose bleeds

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's been 70 odd years since the two teams played each other in a final, surely their fans would be prepared to sit on the roof to get a glimpse of the action.

ByRd

First Grade
Agreed, most sportuing stadiums in the world charge more for finals games and for seats that high, it is not an excuse. I would sit at the very top if thats the only tickets i could get to a bulldogs game there

franklin2323

Immortal
It's been 70 odd years since the two teams played each other in a final, surely their fans would be prepared to sit on the roof to get a glimpse of the action.

Their fans would have tickets by now hence the 50k + crowd. It's the neutrals needed to get the 60-70k I am talking about.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed, most sportuing stadiums in the world charge more for finals games and for seats that high, it is not an excuse. I would sit at the very top if thats the only tickets i could get to a bulldogs game there

But would you for say Roosters v Souths? Like you I wouldn't miss a Panthers final but a neutral team is different

ByRd

First Grade
But would you for say Roosters v Souths? Like you I wouldn't miss a Panthers final but a neutral team is different
Yeah i get that point, I was one that went to that round 26 game as a neutral but not going Friday cause ive forked out enough for the dogs/panthers game. But im sure between the two fan bases they can bring 60k at a mininum.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah i get that point, I was one that went to that round 26 game as a neutral but not going Friday cause ive forked out enough for the dogs/panthers game. But im sure between the two fan bases they can bring 60k at a mininum.

If say the top was say $20 Both games maybe a sellout. What does the bottom hold 60k? I can't see there being spare seats down there for either game.

ByRd

First Grade
The bottom bowl holds about 40-45k plus the level middle levels hold about 10k or so, I think the top stands hold around 25-30k

ouwet

Bench
I think 70+ is not an unreasonable expectation;

30k Souths
20k easts
10k neutrals
10k ANZ members

I'm starting to think not to many neutrals will turn up to either game... The media has drummed it into everyone that the NRL is corrupt and to expensive!

insert.pause

First Grade
I'm starting to think not to many neutrals will turn up to either game... The media has drummed it into everyone that the NRL is corrupt and to expensive!

it would help if souths and roosters would promote the f**king game! They should have been wheeling out Inglis, Burgess, SBW etc instead of going silent.

lockyno1

Post Whore

It is expensive, also being at ANZ won't help neutrals. I am sorry but sure as a member or a fan you will cop the trek to ANZ, but as a neutral, meh you would stay in the city and watch it at a pub with full strength beer. Just the way it is.

Latest posts