What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

BunniesMan

Immortal
Single seats only of Silver. More than single seats of Gold, Platinum, Platinum Restricted and Diamond. Surprising tbh. Especially since the "sold out" headlines came out days ago. Still cannot comprehend how that happened. There will be people out there who might want to go to the game but they won't even bother trying to get a ticket on Ticketek because they'll think it's sold out.

And I wonder how many scalpers out there are making huge profits solely because of the myth that it is sold out.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've got to ask: if you paid big dollar for a ticket why the f**k wouldn't you attend the whole day? The stadium is empty before the 20s kickoff.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's 32 degrees in Sydney atm. And because of the stadiums shithouse design very few seats are protected from the sun. I'd say a lot of people are around the city having a cold drink in a pub and waiting for the worst of the heat to pass.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's 32 degrees in Sydney atm. And because of the stadiums shithouse design very few seats are protected from the sun. I'd say a lot of people are around the city having a cold drink in a pub and waiting for the worst of the heat to pass.

f**k me 32 degrees is hot. :roll:

If you are in the sun, fair enough but considering how many seats are in the shade, I am surprised

Mind you, it might be all the security getting into the ground holding things up

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Seriously people relax.

Check the records. There has been up to 2000 seats free in previous gf s due to single seats and no shows etc

It is Souths in the GF. Nobody paid for tickets, as usual they gave away free ones.

dummies_trolling_final.jpg

Danish

Referee
I've got to ask: if you paid big dollar for a ticket why the f**k wouldn't you attend the whole day? The stadium is empty before the 20s kickoff.

they paid big money to watch the NRL grand final. It's not like if the U20s and state cup weren't played today that they'd make tickets cheaper.

Similar reason why most people don't bother watching whoever the warm up act when they go to a concert

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
they paid big money to watch the NRL grand final. It's not like if the U20s and state cup weren't played today that they'd make tickets cheaper.

Similar reason why most people don't bother watching whoever the warm up act when they go to a concert

Then I hope the same people who only watch the NRL grand final don't whinge about ticket prices.

Chook Norris

First Grade
If you are in the sun, fair enough but considering how many seats are in the shade, I am surprised

Mind you, it might be all the security getting into the ground holding things up

not everyone knows for sure where they are sitting in relation to the sun. Besides, why the hell are we expecting everyone to show up before the game? Not everyone wants to sit and watch footy from 2pm -9pm

Danish

Referee
Then I hope the same people who only watch the NRL grand final don't whinge about ticket prices.

id actually argue that higher ticket prices would likely lead to LESS people showing up for the lower grades than previous years. With prices so high these days the amount of neutrals just going for te experience would be much lower in 2014 than it was a few years ago.

Neutrals might think seeing a couple extra games adds value, whereas fans of the teams playing are likely just focused on their own side's performance.

Having to feed yourself for 8 hours on stadium food couldn't be helping either!

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Everyone us waiting for the sun to set.

People are milling around in the concourse areas.

They also have 2 bars setup for each set of supporters.
They are packed out FWIW.

Edit: the cameras face west, which is still under sun.