What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Valheru

Coach
Souths fans have flooded the first GF booking window every year since 2012, this time it paid off.
Bulldogs fans meanwhile wouldn't have even contemplated the GF given the team lost 5-6 games in the final ten rounds. Hell we lost to the Gold Coast in R26...
If the Bulldogs were still first when GF Tix were on sale chances are the balance would've been greater.

I agree with this, however it wasn?t a valid excuse for roosters fans in 2010 so why should it be for dogs fans?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd say it was. Overwhelming for both Souths and Dragons fans to finally be in a GF with favouritism I guess.

guyver78

Juniors
I'd say it was. Overwhelming for both Souths and Dragons fans to finally be in a GF with favouritism I guess.

Surely after beating Melbourne and then Manly you knew you were going to run down a crappy Penrith team. Penrith got further then anybody expected including a very very LUCKY win against the Roosters. Besides that lucky win they were never going to do anything in the finals against the better teams anyway. After beating Manly there were still 1000's of tickets available.

Timmah

Staff member
They were one defensive lapse or dropped bomb from equalising in the final five minutes mate - we were no sure things having barely gotten past Manly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Didnt they blame a crap crowd at Gosford on monster trucks one year? Good job they are not scheduled in the regular season lol.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
For what its worth - Bledisloe cup at Suncorp only got 45,196 or so last night.

I know Aus Rugby is dire and the tickets were almost as over priced as origin. But that is a massive failure for Rugby Union.

Timmah

Staff member
Didnt they blame a crap crowd at Gosford on monster trucks one year? Good job they are not scheduled in the regular season lol.

Monster trucks at the showground just 900m away, not in Sydney. Either way the scheduling certainly affected the crowd - many walk ups would've reconsidered their choice with limited parking, multiple event choice etc.

Dumb dumb dumb statement if you have the most basic concept of event attendance...

Timmah

Staff member
For what it's worth - Sydney Derby (A-League) got 41,300, an Allianz regular season ground record across any NRL HAL or S15 game. Monster trucks drew 45,000 to ANZ.

Brutus

Referee
For what its worth - Bledisloe cup at Suncorp only got 45,196 or so last night.

I know Aus Rugby is dire and the tickets were almost as over priced as origin. But that is a massive failure for Rugby Union.

Yep, massively overpriced but thousands given away in the days before the game to get the crowd figure to a respectable level.

Union is in deep shit in Aus.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
A League Derby and Plodiesloe Cup Will still be bigger crowds than any of the Four Nations games coming up

Plodstralians don't get behind the Kangaplods and International League

Brutus

Referee
A League Derby and Plodiesloe Cup Will still be bigger crowds than any of the Four Nations games coming up

But the NRL GF crowd will kill them all...and both prelim finals crowds as well...and a regular season nrl game between Tigers and Eels.

Brutus

Referee
According to Dean Ritchie 40k predicted for the Kangaroos at Suncorp next week. Not far off the ploddobies.

insert.pause

First Grade

Plodstralians don't get behind the Kangaplods and International League

Just Sydney don't get behind international rugby league, the 'heartland' doesn't even get a game because the NRL would be worried no one would turn up, just like the pathetic effort earlier in the year for the ANZAC test.

Latest posts