What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

TheFrog

Coach
A League Derby and Plodiesloe Cup Will still be bigger crowds than any of the Four Nations games coming up

Plodstralians don't get behind the Kangaplods and International League

You want crowds? Split Australia into NSW and Queensland and give Samoa the flick.

Starkers

Bench
nice of them to print a retraction: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-after-sam-burgesss-departure-george-could-be-next-to-leave-the-nrl/story-fnp0lyn3-1227100255211

CODES’ CROWD WARS

THE A-League proudly trumpeted a record regular season crowd of any code at Allianz Stadium for the Sydney derby in the shape of 41,213 fans watching Sydney FC’s thriller over the Western Sydney Wanderers.

But an eagle-eyed rugby statistician contacted us this week to put the footballers back in their box, saying the record was still held by a Waratahs-Brumbies game in 2002. A quick check of our archives confirmed it: 41,645 watched NSW win 19-11.

Some NRL types have also privately questioned how many football fans would attend games at Sydney Olympic Park’s ANZ Stadium.

Canard

Immortal
That's remarkable, if I remember rightly recent games (even at Suncorp) have been well down on that sort of figure. (I could be wrong and confused with Sydney however)

Thats a great result, I wonder what has been done differently?

insert.pause

First Grade
That's remarkable, if I remember rightly recent games (even at Suncorp) have been well down on that sort of figure. (I could be wrong and confused with Sydney however)

Thats a great result, I wonder what has been done differently?

double header maybe?

I also don't think an international has been played in Brisbane since the 2010 4nations final, so it's been a while.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Expat Samoans love any chance to see their nation play here, that would account for a good portion of the pre-sales i reckon

insert.pause

First Grade
I have noticed a lot of ads running on tv the last few months as well, contra they didn't have the last time the tournament was played in Australia..

malleekid

Juniors
Lang Park test Crowds Since Reconfiguration:
Anzac Test Match 2005 Australia 32 New Zealand 16 40,317
Anzac Test Match 2006 Australia 50 New Zealand 12 44,191
Tri-Nations 2006 Australia 33 Great Britain 10 44,358
Anzac Test Match 2007 Australia 30 New Zealand 6 35,241
World Cup 2008 New Zealand 32 England 22 26,659
World Cup 2008 Australia 20 New Zealand 34 50,509
Anzac Test Match 2009 Australia 38 New Zealand 10 37,152
Four Nations 2010 Australia 12 New Zealand 16 36,299

Last edited:

Bronco Rob

Juniors
crowd of about 50,000 is expected.

Yet we hear from certain media that no-one cares about the International game yet ratings are always better than the Wallabies games. Kudos to Ch9 news who have promoted these games on their sports reports, condemnation to the likes of Crash Craddock & co.

insert.pause

First Grade
Yet we hear from certain media that no-one cares about the International game yet ratings are always better than the Wallabies games. Kudos to Ch9 news who have promoted these games on their sports reports, condemnation to the likes of Crash Craddock & co.

Crash is a sycophant on panel shows, bags league to fit in.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Restricted view on sale at Suncorp.

A few level 7 bays to sell out in cat bronze then we are done.

I will say maybe 47.5k.

Brisbane winners.

Latest posts