What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Rain hail or shine it was a shit crowd

Have the swans ever get 12 k at scg in last 10 years ?

Is does it rain more at sfs than scg ?

georgesnmith

Juniors
roosters historically have always had average crowds

hopefully their membership push will see them get a more loyal fan so their crowds dont go up or down by 5000 or so depending on where they are on the table

i remember in the days of morley and stuart they got a lot of very good crowds on friday night

the weather was crap last night, i didnt even feel like driving 10 mins down the road to watch the game with a friend.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I bet all those cheap tickets for Roosters game were not used. That's the problem with cheapening tiks too much, if say the weather is bad, its easy to say 'hey they hardly cost me anything anyway'. Just bad luck with weather last nite. Promotions can also be a gamble.

oikee

Juniors
AFL are not much better to be honest. Replay of last years grand final i read had 43 thousand.
At the G, you might as well not bother turn up to a small crowd like that in that big white elephant.
Then i just looked at a Brumbie Blues game, (who are they western Sydney team?) and i counted on one hand at least 100 fans sitting in empty stands.

Worrying about crowds seems to be a distraction to the action.
The games have been really good, hardly a penalty blown in the second half of the Dog Rooster game.

The Eels were enormous, easily accounted to the butterfingered Broncos.
Three good games today. Super Saturday is fantastic lately.
Six hours of footy with me cheap beer, 20 bucks a carton, now that value is starting to come into play as others are running dry.

Dragons01

First Grade
The question is how do you get people to want to go to the game? Look at the ANZAC day clash between the Roosters and Saints. That game has now nearly outgrown the SFS from a crowd point. Each year it seems to get bigger and bigger no matter which team is the 'home' team for the day. It is a game that both sets of supporters embrace and even some other teams supporters.

Now every game can't be built up like that, but how do we start to make games become something that people really feel they need to attend?

Flapper

First Grade
Brumbies got 7,129 last night. They made the GF last year too.

Every code is having some sort of crowd issue but, as usual, Rugby League cops the majority of the shots to the chops.

pHyR3

Juniors
Brumbies got 7,129 last night. They made the GF last year too.

Every code is having some sort of crowd issue but, as usual, Rugby League cops the majority of the shots to the chops.

wow that's abysmal! i thought that game would pull more than the raiders, given the raiders poor form and brumbies are doing alright. (or at least they did last year)

is it just me, or does anyone else actually really enjoy going to the game in the pouring rain? I love putting on like 50 layers and going out to support your team when no one else will. Still regret missing the cowboys win and melbourne storm demolition at leichardt last year in the torrential rain.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This photo taken when parra were coming out of the sheds, maybe 20 in each section. Nothing to boast about hiney.

Roosters had more.
Maybe, but I know a heap of people round me wore Parra gear and we didn't sit in the parra section.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
For those of you whom love BASHING the AFL.

Gf rematch only got 44k last night, however it was a Melbourne team v Perth.

Ready, set... Go!

ByRd

First Grade
wow that's abysmal! i thought that game would pull more than the raiders, given the raiders poor form and brumbies are doing alright. (or at least they did last year)

is it just me, or does anyone else actually really enjoy going to the game in the pouring rain? I love putting on like 50 layers and going out to support your team when no one else will. Still regret missing the cowboys win and melbourne storm demolition at leichardt last year in the torrential rain.

I love heading out in the rain, it was awesome being there for that dogs win last night, it is not the same when watching on tv

neeknitsuj

Juniors
I went to the game last night at Allianz. Parked in Kensington cause I'm not paying for parking next to Moore Park. Get there, buy food and beer which was more than 30 bucks for 2 people, and sat in the drizzle for the first half without an umbrella and my seat was basically a puddle. And that's not even adding on ticket costs. I can understand why people don't attend the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just on that Timmah, is it the Roosters or the SFS who set the ticket prices?
Roosters.

At ANZ, Souths and Bulldogs ticket prices are often different.
Poor weather or not, crowds in Sydney are taking the game backwards.
12 thousand, the amount of empty seats is damaging the code , the Sydney comp is imploding on itself.

Must be a lot of cats and dogs in those membership numbers down south.
Doom and gloom, the game has reached it's peak, codeincrisis.
Send out the alarms, better still send out a search party for Roosters fans.
You forgot your pitchfork :lol:
Getting only 12k to a game when your team is the defending premiers, playing a big Sydney rival and tickets cost 80c is a relocate to Perth offence imo.

Any other Sydney team would have got 40k+
80c tickets were a ten minute, 500-person promotion... not the norm. But don't let facts get in the way...

Red Bear

Referee
I don't think anyone would deny that crowds have been dead average this year. Weather has certainly been a factor though, would be stupid to dismiss it. To be honest I doubt there'd be a big difference last friday but Roosters/Dogs has generally been a pretty good rivalry, pretty good crowds over the past 10 years or so. Rain hurt that crowd big time.

Has not been much luck with the weather at all this year. Hopefully bit of a change in fortune later in the year

Paullyboy

Coach
It always rains in Sydney though, people have gotta stop using that as an excuse for crowd numbers. Its just normal weather.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lolz at rain excuse,people do realise that the players are the ones who actually have to play in that nonsense right whilst you can sit all nicely with your umbrella in the crowd,imagine if the players didn't turn up to games cos it was raining

Justin Hodges turns around in traffic cos its raining and goes home:lol:

neeknitsuj

Juniors
Lolz at rain excuse,people do realise that the players are the ones who actually have to play in that nonsense right whilst you can sit all nicely with your umbrella in the crowd,imagine if the players didn't turn up to games cos it was raining

Justin Hodges turns around in traffic cos its raining and goes home:lol:

You're an imbecile.

You do realise the players get paid thousands of dollars to play in the rain? If I got paid a quarter of that I would gladly stand in the rain too.

It costs an individual at least 50 dollars to go to a game, considering ticket prices/transport/food etc, and more for families. Why would people want to do that and suffer commuting/sitting in the rain as well. As I said before, I made the effort to turn up for my team but I understand why people don't. It's a situation where the negatives outweigh the positives unless you're a passionate supporter.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
You're an imbecile.

You do realise the players get paid thousands of dollars to play in the rain? If I got paid a quarter of that I would gladly stand in the rain too.

It costs an individual at least 50 dollars to go to a game, considering ticket prices/transport/food etc, and more for families. Why would people want to do that and suffer commuting/sitting in the rain as well. As I said before, I made the effort to turn up for my team but I understand why people don't. It's a situation where the negatives outweigh the positives unless you're a passionate supporter.

:blahb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts