What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I went to games in any weather when I lived in Melb; as long as my Champion Melb Storm Team were playing. I can only get to 5 or 6 home games a season(I reside in sadelaide) now and I miss everything about not being at homes games more often and channel 9 coverage here in sadelaide is really poor.

insert.pause

First Grade
Maybe the NRL should look at Sydney clubs sharing all gates, or maybe divide the stadiums in half and allocate one half away seating and the away club takes all or the majority of the gate for that section. The NRL could offer financial bonuses to clubs involved in games that draw particular target attendances and fine clubs that fail to meet minimum targets. Might provide a bit more motivation for clubs to promote games, regardless of it not being their home game.

Could also introduce reciprocal memberships for all Sydney based clashes.

It is really at the point where a collective solution is needed in Sydney that all clubs buy into, particularly if stadium rationalization is going to work. A lot of the recent pushes around membership have been aimed at competition between clubs rather than an inclusive approach that benefits everyone.

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
Rain is a massively legit excuse. Only a complete moron would think otherwise. When the other option involves you not getting wet for free of course its an excuse.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Maybe the NRL should look at Sydney clubs sharing all gates, or maybe divide the stadiums in half and allocate one half away seating and the away club takes all or the majority of the gate for that section. The NRL could offer financial bonuses to clubs involved in games that draw particular target attendances and fine clubs that fail to meet minimum targets. Might provide a bit more motivation for clubs to promote games, regardless of it not being their home game.

Could also introduce reciprocal memberships for all Sydney based clashes.

It is really at the point where a collective solution is needed in Sydney that all clubs buy into, particularly if stadium rationalization is going to work.

This.

Except the fining part though, the increased crowds and revenue should be motivation enough you would think.

In all seriousness is there even 5k at shark park. Looks horrible

Last edited:

pHyR3

Juniors
crowd looks alright at shark park, was worried this was going to be a sub10k fixture.

bit hard to see but 12-14k im guessing

pHyR3

Juniors
getting a better look at it now, 12-14k was a bit optimistic. 10-11k i reckon. theres a lot on the camera side i think (read: hope)

if it breaks 10k that's solid, often these fixtures get 7-8k

Matchball

Bench
More double headers is a way to combat the problem.
I miss double headers. Two games and double beer consumption.

insert.pause

First Grade
This.

Except the fining part though, the increased crowds and revenue should be motivation enough you would think

With a two stadium policy, clubs on their own are always going to struggle to fill them, imagine those venues divided down the middle by club colours, it will bring tribalism and atmosphere back and it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve because each club only needs to get their home averages that attend now and you will straight away increase crowds. Clubs can then also sell more games as part of memberships. As a concept, 'Home' games just aren't applicable anymore when the majority of the Sydney clubs share the same venue.

pHyR3

Juniors
they already do that, or are starting this year anyway.

free away tickets at ANZ for clubs that share home grounds i believe. i.e. 4 free tix for tigers members, a few to bulldogs and souths i assume too

if that's what you mean by two stadium policy

CC_Roosters

First Grade
With a two stadium policy, clubs on their own are always going to struggle to fill them, imagine those venues divided down the middle by club colours, it will bring tribalism and atmosphere back and it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve because each club only needs to get their home averages that attend now and you will straight away increase crowds. Clubs can then also sell more games as part of memberships. As a concept, 'Home' games just aren't applicable anymore when the majority of the Sydney clubs share the same venue.

Agreed the home and away mentality is very strong in sydney which comes from the geography and tribalism. Will take a massive effort to break that mentality

pHyR3

Juniors
For comparisons sake, Warriors away at Cronulla got 12183 last year.

yea but the sharks were 1/3 including a 2 point loss to south sydney at the time

although, i guess ASADA would have had an influence. Dunno positive or not, maybe they would want to rally behind the club. I know that many recent members of Wests Tigers signed up when people thought balmain would go bust (to help out the club). Obviously, we now know it doesnt affect the club if balmain goes under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts