What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me 50 minutes longer to get to the SFS tonight than it normally would have. The weather was atrocious - it rained most of the day and through the night as well.

Despite what some might have you believe, Allianz is a prick of a venue to get to, and save for a 500 person .80c ticket offer and 12 hours where prices were 25 bucks (inc fees), tickets were a small fortune compared to most venues.

The Roosters play this and a couple of other games up as marquee events as a justification to charge more but don't realise they're just discouraging attendance.

If you want to attract the casual fan, bring the prices down a bit, make a killing on food/bev/merch and FFS... the Govt should get off their arse and get the light rail line to Moore Park started!

Just on that Timmah, is it the Roosters or the SFS who set the ticket prices?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
NewsLtd check list for crowds rant;

1. Take a game or group of games heavily affected by poor weather or other extenuating factors but dismiss them them as irrelevant just because;

Check & Check

2. Sensationalise & exaggerate half truths or just make up lies whatever suits the agenda best;

How can we remember something that never happened Paul? These 80cent tickets were limited to 500 on a Wednesday afternoon. It was nothing more than a promotional push. They were not on sale last night they didn't' even last on sale for 10 minutes... pfft FACTS! who needs them as a journalist these days?

3. Have a crack at Dave Smith & try to discredit him as much as possible, relevance to the topic at hand is not necessary;

Yes the obvious adjustment of facts to suit their agenda is disturbing, sad and really gives me the sh#%s. Given conditions o thought it was fine

oikee

Juniors
Poor weather or not, crowds in Sydney are taking the game backwards.
12 thousand, the amount of empty seats is damaging the code , the Sydney comp is imploding on itself.

Must be a lot of cats and dogs in those membership numbers down south.
Doom and gloom, the game has reached it's peak, codeincrisis.
Send out the alarms, better still send out a search party for Roosters fans.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Poor weather or not, crowds in Sydney are taking the game backwards.
12 thousand, the amount of empty seats is damaging the code , the Sydney comp is imploding on itself.

Must be a lot of cats and dogs in those membership numbers down south.
Doom and gloom, the game has reached it's peak, codeincrisis.
Send out the alarms, better still send out a search party for Roosters fans.

You could get a job at the telegraph brig the doom and gloom merchant you are

DC_fan

Coach
Yes the obvious adjustment of facts to suit their agenda is disturbing, sad and really gives me the sh#%s. Given conditions o thought it was fine

Are you saying it was fine because you really think it was or are you saying it because you are so anti-telegraph you can't bring yourself to agreeing with them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
TBH, if I was a Parra fan, I wouldn't be making statements about the other teams fans lack of oral hygeine the night after Beau Ryan was on the footy show in Parramatta with actual toothless people!
and you reckon he couldn't do the same walking around inala, woodridge and Goodna??? Derp!! There are feral bogans everywhere this is Australia mate.

DC_fan

Coach
Major track work being done on the western line this weekend. No trains running between St Marys and Granville. They will be replaced by buses.

This will have to effect the crowd tonight at the SCG. So many Souths fans live in the west of Sydney. Those dependent on public transport will find it difficult to get to the game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This photo taken when parra were coming out of the sheds, maybe 20 in each section. Nothing to boast about hiney.

Roosters had more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 18

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
and you reckon he couldn't do the same walking around inala, woodridge and Goodna??? Derp!! There are feral bogans everywhere this is Australia mate.

Majority support para, absolute filth sitting behind me explaining how he used his leftover benefit money on narcotics and upgraded his tickets tonight.

His teeth, his smile at the end - I have never seen so many shades of brown.

Parramatta people have a strange infatuation with themselves, and their club. You're all a little to proud and believe everything good that comes out of any situation is because of your beloved team. It brings us all a good laugh.

Getting only 12k to a game when your team is the defending premiers, playing a big Sydney rival and tickets cost 80c is a relocate to Perth offence imo.

Any other Sydney team would have got 40k+

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Getting only 12k to a game when your team is the defending premiers, playing a big Sydney rival and tickets cost 80c is a relocate to Perth offence imo.

Any other Sydney team would have got 40k+

Well no there were 500 available in a 10 minute period earlier in the week if you had read earlier posts instead of taking the telegraph article at face value. Otherwise the prices were as per normal at the moment, that is way to expensive

Springs

First Grade
It appears rain is an acceptable excuse for every club except the roosters.

I think it's the opposite. Roosters fans see that rain is forecast a week after their match and stay home just in case by the sounds of it.
As I've said before, Warriors got 14,000 in a cyclone. If 2 Sydney clubs can't get at least that in the rain, it's a poor crowd.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I reckon if a roof was put over sfs within 3 hours I could set a Friday night schedule that would guarantee an average of 20,000 crowds

If a game was on there every Friday at 7.40 with light rail etc

Refine it over a few years it would draw 30000 per game no problems

Make Souths / saints / tigers / roosters / parra / dogs

All host at least one game at the venue , full gate split every game

Of course for this to happen you would need government , channel 9 , Nrl , clubs all to be on the same page for the betterment of the game

Well no there were 500 available in a 10 minute period earlier in the week if you had read earlier posts instead of taking the telegraph article at face value. Otherwise the prices were as per normal at the moment, that is way to expensive

Even still, 12k is a good crowd is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts