What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
one thing that puzzles me, is how did the WCC outsell the season opener? Like i know thursday 8:05pm isnt the best timing but that seems extraordinarily strange...

crowds should improve from last year as a whole though, this round will easily outstrip round 1 which will be great.

too bad the media won't have countless articles about that....

CC_Roosters

First Grade
There was next to no promotion of that match on the CC.

I didn't even know it was happening.

Heard some radio promotion but it reeks of just making a quick buck which I think people have caught on to up here. The clubs involved should at least be running clinics and school visits maybe even signing sessions during the week leadig to the game, I seen none of that.

There was no visible had advertising either. A few roadside posters or boards on the central coast and pacific highway to draw in commuters would be easy.

There were a few thousand manly fans at best last night which tbh I was surprised with as in the games at gosford involving manly I have been have had stacks of manly fans. Manly had he run of the gameday and imo it was the worst I have experienced in terms of engagement and entertainment, if that is the norm at brookvale then I feel for their fans

Solid but not spectacular crowd though.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will be interesting to see how it plays out tomorrow down here in Melbourne. Storm averaged 16k last year, if they can consolidate that, it means they've got a foothold.
It'll be the first storm game I haven't attended in three years (despite the fact I'm a wests tigers member).

Walking around Melbourne there is absolutely zero promotion for the game. Crazy given the city is full of sports fans here for tomorrow's GP. The NRL still sucks at attracting the casual attendee.

Melbourne get over $4mill a year extra, surely they should have a decent marketing team?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
one thing that puzzles me, is how did the WCC outsell the season opener? Like i know thursday 8:05pm isnt the best timing but that seems extraordinarily strange...

crowds should improve from last year as a whole though, this round will easily outstrip round 1 which will be great.

too bad the media won't have countless articles about that....

Because the WCC was an "event". Until games are promoted and hyped up to be must as tend events you are not going to draw more than the diehards. These are the minority, the majority are sat at home deciding how to spend their valuable leisure time next weekend. It is them that we need to attract and that will take crowds from 16k to 40k regularly.

Billythekid

First Grade
Looking like it's going to be a shocking crowd in NZ. I know it's because there's a cyclone but man it sucks. It's probably going to take a good 15-20K off the crowd number.

pHyR3

Juniors
ahhh cyclone lucy, of course. i was wondering what was up with the crowd! that would have been approaching 20k easily in good weather. 15k ticket sales before news of the cyclone arrived according to the commentators.

Also, why do they open up upper tiers before filling bottom tiers? They did this for drags vs tigers as well. You could have gotten it mostly filled if you'd made everyone go bottom tier.

Swarzey

Bench
ahhh cyclone lucy, of course. i was wondering what was up with the crowd! that would have been approaching 20k easily in good weather. 15k ticket sales before news of the cyclone arrived according to the commentators.

Also, why do they open up upper tiers before filling bottom tiers? They did this for drags vs tigers as well. You could have gotten it mostly filled if you'd made everyone go bottom tier.

Weather. Last week it would have simply been too much for fans to sit in the sun and this week, with the cyclone warning, if it begins to rain heavily, fans would appreciate the cover.

DC_fan

Coach
Massive storm has just here in the western suburbs. If heading towards the city could effect the crowd at Allianz stadium later

RWB

Bench
Massive storm rolling into the East of Sydney just now.

Disappointing for our first home game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts