What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
So the Storm and Roosters got less than the 2 time defending wooden spoon champions got last week lmao

Storms in both cities, pardon the pun and a cyclone in NZ.

I'd say we've done alright to come out of Saturday with 3 crowds averaging ~14k given the weather conditions.

georgesnmith

Juniors
shame about the weather in nz, mightve been 30k

sadly with the way the warriors are playing i worry about their crowds

melbourne seem to be growing their crowds, bit low at SFS.

The storm last night was bad for all footy codes last night in Sydney.

But still not good enough the SFS crowd in a 40K stadium vs the AFL in an 20,000 seat stadium.

DC_fan

Coach
19,425 for the Suns game up on the Gold Coast last night. Hopefully the Titans will match if not top that figure today.

Raiderdave

First Grade

But still not good enough the SFS crowd in a 40K stadium vs the AFL in an 20,000 seat stadium.

while the Roosters crowd was appalling
you can't compare it to the VFL Derby crowd

one game was a run of the mill club game that hardly anyone spoke about

the other
the VFL's answer to State of Origin in Sydney according to Kelvin Snoody that will be the biggest rivalry in Australian sport some day soon

:sarcasm:

:lol::lol:

For people like me it was a bit hard to get to the ground when the storms yesterday knocked out the signal box at Granville at around 4.50 pm. That stopped all trains on the western line for more than an hour. I sat on a train at Granville Station until nearly 6pm with no sign of any train moving, the staff saying they had no idea when they would be running again, and buses to take their place 20-30 mins from arriving at Granville Station. I gave up and walked most of the way back to Parramatta, and then got a taxi home.

I missed a train 1 minute before which would have avoided the problems at Granville. That missed train, combined with the lightening strike at Granville ruined my night. Turns out lightening also knocked out the signal box at Blacktown too.

Raiderdave

First Grade
19,425 for the Suns game up on the Gold Coast last night. Hopefully the Titans will match if not top that figure today.

are you kidding ?:sarcasm:

the Tits won't get to within a Bulls roar of 19K
a Tigers outfit heading for the spoon
a warm sunny day with the beach just down the road

I'll say 12,000 will pull it up
if they get to 15,000 we should all stand & applaud :?

elbusto

Coach
are you kidding ?:sarcasm:

the Tits won't get to within a Bulls roar of 19K
a Tigers outfit heading for the spoon
a warm sunny day with the beach just down the road

I'll say 12,000 will pull it up
if they get to 15,000 we should all stand & applaud :?
The thuns didn't get 19000 either.They just say they did for bragging rights.

betcats

Referee
Beside brisbane our numbers are fairly poor no matter the afl gets, also do u think the nrl or the clubs might also exaggerate their crowd numbers?

its funny watching some of you start discrediting slothfields next article before its even written lol yous care about him way too much.

27,000 = poor crowd.
13,000 = great crowd.

LU logic.

LOL.

Maybe time for LU people to stop worrying/focussing on crowds, and actually go to a game? Or two?

And all this loathing of Rothfield, Kent, etc yet so many still visit their sites, read their press.

Maybe it's time for the NRL as a whole to take a good hard look at what the AFL has done to raise memberships / crowds etc and start doing it themselves...if they haven't already.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
Beside brisbane our numbers are fairly poor no matter the afl gets, also do u think the nrl or the clubs might also exaggerate their crowd numbers?

its funny watching some of you start discrediting slothfields next article before its even written lol yous care about him way too much.

Careful. You will get told to f**k off to Big Poofy

Dogs Of War

Coach
its pretty obvious in all seater grounds when crowds are blatantly wrong.

guess when dave smith told nrl club no more fudging of crowd figures they took it to heart and could be responsible for some of these poor figures.

It's only obvious if you can see both sides of the ground. Members sit on the side of the ground that you can't see on tv unless they pan the canera that way. So very hard you for those at home to guess properly because you tend to be assuming the crowd looks the sane both sides of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.