What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Someone has possibly posted it, but what was the crowd figure at the Titan's game today? Looked to be in the hundreds - unless they were all behind the TV cameras

Springs

First Grade
I thought we needed more Queensland teams because the crowds are so good?
Newcastle was a pretty poor crowd too in my opinion.

Springs

First Grade
Someone has possibly posted it, but what was the crowd figure at the Titan's game today? Looked to be in the hundreds - unless they were all behind the TV cameras

It was 12,038. And you are an idiot. They were all in the shade, as in, the non-TV side and behind the posts.

pHyR3

Juniors

all behind the TV cameras. Same as the tigers vs dragons, no one wanted to be in the sun so they were on the other side in the shade and the cameras where there too

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TBH even the camera side wasn't fully packed, they did an interview with Gus & Locky pre-game and it was relatively sparse.

12k is massive overs IMO, especially based on the posted figure for last night's soccer at Gosford.

applesauce

Bench
Massive overreaction, GC is a population of 500k in a Heartland state, to not have a team there would be nuts.

Do they need to get there shit together, Yes.

PS Robina is a shocking location.

When they were consistently getting home crowds of 20k+ Robina didn't seem to be a problem.

Card Shark

Immortal
Massive overreaction, GC is a population of 500k in a Heartland state, to not have a team there would be nuts.

Do they need to get there shit together, Yes.

PS Robina is a shocking location.

The current support of the Titans is very disappointing but we definetely need a team there.

They made out Robina was a good location once upon a time, now it never gets near full.

Sign of the times i suppose....& a losing team.

bobmar28

Bench
The titans was the dumbest expansion move ever in my opinion.

We don't need a team everywhere the afl go, and if the locals don't support it they don't deserve it.

It's a major city of 1/2 a million population. If we don't have a team there we are no more than a Sydney suburban competition with a few teams outside sydney to make up the numbers. AFL is national and NRL should be....NATIONAL rugby league.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The current support of the Titans is very disappointing but we definetely need a team there.

They made out Robina was a good location once upon a time, now it never gets near full.

Yeah, Robina is insanely bad.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Doubt that 4 week window is good indication give the team has been around since 07.

They hit 21k for two years. And they came around 12th or 13th both those years.

The fans were coming. Then they stopped coming. With better results and worse results the crowds declined to the point where a THIRD of them don't go anymore.

BunniesMan

Immortal

This isn't accurate. In year 1 and 2 they didn't come close to making the finals. They got around 21k both those years.

Then they made the top 4. And lost 2000 from their crowd average.

Then they made the top 4 again. And lost another 2000.

The crowd declines started when they were at their best.

Springs

First Grade
This isn't accurate. In year 1 and 2 they didn't come close to making the finals. They got around 21k both those years.

Then they made the top 4. And lost 2000 from their crowd average.

Then they made the top 4 again. And lost another 2000.

The crowd declines started when they were at their best.

In both years they were in the top 4 in the first half of the year. In fact after 10 rounds in 2008 they were 1st.

Brutus

Referee
Where is an article from Phil Rothfield's bagging the Aye League crowds from the weekend?

It's taking over...

newman

First Grade
I have 6 tickets (free) in my corporate box for tonight and can't give them away to customers/ suppliers/ family/ mates or enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.