What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
how many does their ground hold?

21,500. There was about 2k outside the gate waiting to get in when it kicked off. 15k seems about right. Be interested to see if a gate was open and people could just walk in. Sale figures should tell what happened here.

Chook Norris

First Grade
14,821 at Sharks game

Crowds are really suffering this year. A 20k crowd a few years ago like someone said. My tip at the start of the season remains, crowds will dip further this year from last year. There is just the general feeling of people getting sick of Referees, rule changes etc

Dragons01

First Grade
Massive hail storm in the Sutherland Shire before the game would have kept a few of the ones that rock up for general admission at home.

mxlegend99

Referee
There was easily more there than that there. As others have said, I'd put my money on 15k.
The stadium was ATLEAST 80% full. Cant see anymore then 3,000 more fitting in. Seats were pretty much full, barely room to move on hills. Yet a 13k crowd would mean you could fit well over 6,000 more in... And there's no way that there was room for that.

Edit
On our way in, the missus handed her pass to an employee to scan as she entered with the pram through the gate and they weren't sure it would scan. It did scan and was fine. But I got the impression from the comment that the scanner was playing up. Maybe a lot of people were let in as tickets/passes wouldn't scan.

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
Crowds are really suffering this year. A 20k crowd a few years ago like someone said. My tip at the start of the season remains, crowds will dip further this year from last year. There is just the general feeling of people getting sick of Referees, rule changes etc

nah its just the media talking it down

my big concern is post origin last year the crowds died and never recovered.

with tigers and dragons in good form there should be some very big crowds in sydney.

DC_fan

Coach
The Baseball where they had over 38,000 fans last night may have impacted on the two Sydney NRL games.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Watching the Penrith game for the first time this morning and I don't see were some forumers are getting this suggestion the crowd was larger than reported. Gaps in seating on both sides, both hills looked like taking a few thousand more before being full. Reported crowd looks right to me

Clearly the storms movig through the west and the shire kept a few away tonight. I for one wouldn't want to be out and exposed to autumn storms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts