What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesnmith

Juniors
If by "fans" you mean potential matchgoing fans to anything but a Grand Final then no there are not 25,000 Easts fans.

Realistically I think 15,000 Easts would be a massive massive turnout. Add about 30,000 Souths at the outside and you get about 45,000. I think it'll be about that. If it breaks 50K then great. I hope it does.

id say thats way too conservative

any sydney club should be able to get 30k of its own fans to its big games

its up to the clubs and ARLC to turn coach potatoes into regular attendees at live games

how do you think the NR: gets such large merchandise numbers? they spend hundreds of dollars on merchandise but then maybe go to 1 or 2 games a year

the challenge is to make that a more regular thing

fanatique

Juniors
id say thats way too conservative

any sydney club should be able to get 30k of its own fans to its big games

its up to the clubs and ARLC to turn coach potatoes into regular attendees at live games

how do you think the NR: gets such large merchandise numbers? they spend hundreds of dollars on merchandise but then maybe go to 1 or 2 games a year

the challenge is to make that a more regular thing

I agree to a point George but we are not discussing what "should" happen but rather what we think "will in fact" happen. I would love to see upwards of 30K from both clubs turn up at big Sydney "derbies" but it just doesn't happen.

georgesnmith

Juniors
I agree to a point George but we are not discussing what "should" happen but rather what we think "will in fact" happen. I would love to see upwards of 30K from both clubs turn up at big Sydney "derbies" but it just doesn't happen.

well youll be happy this year when it happens

Canard

Immortal
The NFL is also a good tv sport. Most stadiums sell out weekly. I support the Raiders and it stinks that our crowds are terrible. Unfortunately most teams have huge bandwagon support. But unlike most teams we generally sucked so bad in the front office in terms of marketing and our performances have been terrible that I'm glad we finished the year 2013 away from home!

For a country of 310 Million its not that impressive, especially when you factor in they are major football code, in fact per capita our crowds are bloody fantastic compared to the Yanks.

Card Shark

Immortal
dogs souths got over 51k last year

if they keep pushing it, it will break 60k

if the dogs form improves over last year and souths form is the same it will be up there

Some games will get massive crowds & that's great but unfortunately it's the exception rather than the norm - that's the Sydney / Rugby League public for ya.

I love how all these armchair experts think they know how many Easts fans there are. Considering they are an original they would have as many fans as any club. Maybe a lot don't go to the game but with the ridiculous prices who could blame them, anyway lol at all the effing experts.

BTW they had at least 50% of the gf crowd so there's 40,000 and at the WCC there was about 90% Roosters fans in a crowd of 31,515. The Easts fans show up when it's a big game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I love how all these armchair experts think they know how many Easts fans there are. Considering they are an original they would have as many fans as any club. Maybe a lot don't go to the game but with the ridiculous prices who could blame them, anyway lol at all the effing experts.

You can see the Roosters for $12.40 a game, tell me what other form of entertainment you can get for that cheap?

Valheru

Coach
we know many roosters crowds are boosted when they play the big Sydney sides at home
often 33/66%
the Raiders don't have that luxury
a bit of perspective would go a long way for you

Lol statements like the above, by a Raiders fan no less never fail to amuse me. Firstly I have never been to a roosters home game outside of the ANZAC clash where opposition fans have outnumbered us.

Even ignoring personal experience and buying into the opinion of a deluded Raisers fan for a second, we are supposed to believe that Roosters home games against big Sydney teams are ?boosted? by a 33/66 split in the favour of the away team. This means that these big Sydney clubs are continually bringing well over 10k to our games but can?t be bothered to turn up to any other way game or indeed their own home games.

Opposition fans must really love watching the roosters

well we should be having a guaranteed 45K plus crowd in rnd 1 anyway
at ANZ this Thursday
but alas its in Sydney
& involves the Roosters .... a bridge too far when considering that eh

The crowd will be the roosters fault of course. It isn?t our home game and souths won?t get a higher regular season crowd this year with the exception of Good Friday and their alleged 25k plus members won?t turn up to most games but it will still be our fault.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The crowd will be the roosters fault of course. It isn?t our home game and souths won?t get a higher regular season crowd this year with the exception of Good Friday and their alleged 25k plus members won?t turn up to most games but it will still be our fault.

Our 2013 average smashed yours

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Because of a 59,000 outlier in the final round. Prior to that you were effectively on par.

Taking the young fellow to Knights v Panthers. Looking at Ticketek Penrith seem to have dropped their prices across the board. $20 GA and kids free under 5. I think it used to be under 4 so I was expecting to have to pay for my son this year but another year for free.

The reserved seats dont seem that expensive either so no excuses on price for Panther supporters

RWB

Bench
Taking the young fellow to Knights v Panthers. Looking at Ticketek Penrith seem to have dropped their prices across the board. $20 GA and kids free under 5. I think it used to be under 4 so I was expecting to have to pay for my son this year but another year for free.

The reserved seats dont seem that expensive either so no excuses on price for Panther supporters

Just quietly I don't think anyone's going to question your son about his age for a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.