What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NSW union is too scared to release crowd figures these days it seems.
Can you blame them??? :lol: 20k with 30 world famous spiffing Wannabes on show, Izzy Falonk the saviour of Australian rugby :lol:

NSW just love their Ruggers :lol:

Canard

Immortal
Well seeing as the NRL has decided to kill a developing tradition by not playing Cowboys at Broncos in Round 1, they have shunned having a 45K+ crowd to open Round 1 and kick the season off with a bang.

Sometimes you have to scratch your head at the decision making in our game, at every level (clubs included)

beave

Coach
Agreed, but I think the stadium is booked out next week for the other codes, i think they got in early with their draw. Still, the NRL should be telling suncorp stadium, first weekend in march, we want the joint for Friday night (cows v broncs) for the next 10 years. I think their lack of emphasis that this game should be the opener for QLD is f**king stupid.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Are those numbers spanning over 20 years supposed to be impressive or something? Tell us more about how everyone rallies for the Dragons clash.

A bit of humility would go a long way for you.

they'd compare to the Roosters best crowds over the last 20 years when considering they have a larger stadium ( nearly double the size) & are surrounded by the rest of Sydney
and yet the roosters STILL have never sold out Allianz ever for any game they've played there ? :lol:

we know many roosters crowds are boosted when they play the big Sydney sides at home
often 33/66%
the Raiders don't have that luxury

a bit of perspective would go a long way for you ;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
He's included a semi-final crowd in there...lulz.

happy for Manly to include their big 15K finals crowds at Brookie :lol:

or even their 13 & 14K finals crowds at the SFS :eek:
:lol::lol:

a Manly fan entering a debate about crowds
that's the cake walking out the door folks :lol:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well seeing as the NRL has decided to kill a developing tradition by not playing Cowboys at Broncos in Round 1, they have shunned having a 45K+ crowd to open Round 1 and kick the season off with a bang.

Sometimes you have to scratch your head at the decision making in our game, at every level (clubs included)

well we should be having a guaranteed 45K plus crowd in rnd 1 anyway
at ANZ this Thursday

but alas its in Sydney
& involves the Roosters .... a bridge too far when considering that eh :?

Raiderdave

First Grade
NSW union is too scared to release crowd figures these days it seems.

I heard it was around 18K

considering they were hoping for 40K plus
that's a disaster :lol:

I saw the first few minutes
& that Greg Clark bloke opened with this classic

132 of History between these 2 sides
one of the biggest rivalries in Australian sport

" perhaps ..... the biggest !!"
:eek:
:sarcasm:

DC_fan

Coach
Can the games this weekend pull bigger crowds then they did last year?

Rabbitohs v Roosters 59,708
Bulldogs v Broncos 11,344
Panthers v Knights 10,240
Sea Eagles v Storm 17,179
Cowboys v Raiders 13,240
Dragons v Tigers 15,016
Eels v Warriors 13,351
Sharks v Titans 17,541

Brutus

Referee
happy for Manly to include their big 15K finals crowds at Brookie :lol:

or even their 13 & 14K finals crowds at the SFS :eek:

that's the cake walking out the door folks :lol:

Lol

Canard

Immortal
Agreed, but I think the stadium is booked out next week for the other codes, i think they got in early with their draw. Still, the NRL should be telling suncorp stadium, first weekend in march, we want the joint for Friday night (cows v broncs) for the next 10 years. I think their lack of emphasis that this game should be the opener for QLD is f**king stupid.

Once is an excusable mistake, twice is incompetent.

There seems to be no issues lining the pockets of the AFL owned ANZ, why not other stadiums.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Once is an excusable mistake, twice is incompetent.

There seems to be no issues lining the pockets of the AFL owned ANZ, why not other stadiums.[/QUOTE

The AFL does not own ANZ stadium, their chairman is on the board of the trust I think

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL will still get 12 home Broncos crowds every year to help the average. Who would show up to a round 1 Broncos v Cowboys but not any later in the year?

I think the point is most codes like to open with a bang, scheduling your biggest games to open the season generates good media about record breaking crowds. That and fans are hungry for action and make an effort to get to opening games. Same games rd 12 or 20 don't have the same hype about them. Still NRL are the ones saying they will grow crowds to a 20k avg so I guess they know what they are doing?

Canard

Immortal
The NRL will still get 12 home Broncos crowds every year to help the average. Who would show up to a round 1 Broncos v Cowboys but not any later in the year?

But why not continue a developing tradition and start the season of with a blockbuster crowd like they did for 7 or so years, also getting a game that would rate its arse off on TV.

If we had 35k on Thu night in Sydney and 50 the next in Brisbane, what a great way to kick off 2014 (or any year).

Just seems poorly planned.

RWB

Bench
they'd compare to the Roosters best crowds over the last 20 years when considering they have a larger stadium ( nearly double the size) & are surrounded by the rest of Sydney
and yet the roosters STILL have never sold out Allianz ever for any game they've played there ? :lol:

we know many roosters crowds are boosted when they play the big Sydney sides at home
often 33/66%
the Raiders don't have that luxury

a bit of perspective would go a long way for you ;-)

I'm not sure how a larger stadium would help, it might have some relevance if those top 10 crowds were all sell outs but they're not.

And the Roosters sold out Allianz Stadium this year, shame you missed that game.

t-ba

Post Whore
happy for Manly to include their big 15K finals crowds at Brookie

or even their 13 & 14K finals crowds at the SFS

that's the cake walking out the door folks

I'll include the top ten crowd list from Brookvale Oval that has higher numbers than the Canberra Raiders. ;-) Our crowds are absolutely shithouse. A bit like Canberra I guess.

Oh my god, I just had to delete your smilies because you had already reached the limit. I enjoy the annual psychotic episodes you give us.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not sure how a larger stadium would help, it might have some relevance if those top 10 crowds were all sell outs but they're not.

And the Roosters sold out Allianz Stadium this year, shame you missed that game.

Raiderdave does this every year without fail. He doesn't rely on facts or common sense but he is worth a good chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.