What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Then we will read some combination of the following:

- The weather was too [whatever Friday's weather is like]
- There are so many teams in Sydney and per capita this was a great crowd
- How many people went to games in Brisbane on Friday night? That's right, none!
- Economic times are tough and you can't expect people to buy a season ticket and then pay for finals tickets
- Cronulla has been through some scandals so that has kept people away
- Manly is hated so that has kept people away
- We never get as big a crowd to games as AFL so stop worrying
- It's Nine's fault -- if this game was on a Sunday afternoon it would've been a sell-out
- It's David Gallop's fault. I mean, it is David Smith's fault. Whoever. Definitely his fault, though. Maybe David Moffatt is responsible...?

Have I missed any?

Should be an 84k sell out at ANZ because i was told all Sydneysiders care more about club footy than origin, remember?.....;-);-)

** This is a JOKE, a light hearted JOKE.

lockyno1

Post Whore
geez I'd be aggrieved if i'd already bought a ticket!

Yes...but wouldn't you rather see the seats filled. Does it matter if they were $5 or $100? Not really, they will purchase beers and food inside and the NRL makes a squillion off that!

Diesel

Referee
After copping sh!t all last week about the prices and crowd numbers, the NRL have realised they had to try something for the Manly/Cronulla game and you can't blame them for trying for this game

Diesel

Referee
Hopefully they can do something similar during the regular season if tickets aren't selling or at least during origin time

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I see David Perry whinging in the herald that they should be playing at brookvale

at the moment with walkups, scgt members and pre sales tomorrow it should still get 25k-30k. Not good enough imo

Evenflow

Bench
Stop whinging. Here are the prices the VFL is charging over the weekend (all prices adult single tickets).

Friday:
1. Category One Seating
AU $170.00

2. Category Two Seating
AU $155.00

3. Category Three Seating
AU $140.00

4. Category Four Seating
AU $120.00

5. Category Five Seating
AU $105.00

6. Category Six Seating
AU $85.00

7. Category Seven Seating
AU $68.00
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=PRELI0113&TKTA=AFL.COM.AU

Saturday (your beloved Fremantle):
1. Category One Seating
AU $170.00

2. Category Two Seating
AU $144.00

3. Category Three Seating
AU $118.00

4. Category Four Seating
AU $88.00

5. Category Five Seating
AU $78.00
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/freo...istid=1055677&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=711

League is far more affordable. If the prices have gone up slightly, it is to be expected because the finals are obviously premium matches.

Pointless comparison. How about comparing like for like to give your point even the tiniest bit of credibility. In that i mean posting the prices of the AFL week 2 finals to correspond with the same week 2 NRL finals. You used the AFL prelims as an example so of course they're going to be much more expensive.

RWB

Bench
again
your comparing week 2 NRL Finals crowds with week 3 AFL Finals crowds

their week 2 finals total was 90K ....at the 2 biggest sporting venues in the country that hold 184K combined.
it aint that impressive:roll:

next week we should get 90K to 95K to our 2 prelim finals
60K to ANZ & ova 30K to Allianz

they'll get about 125 to 130K all up to theirs this week.

its not that much difference
people just need to calm down a bit.:?

:lol:

I agree people go over the top when comparing NRL crowds to AFL crowds but to say there's not that much difference is just a complete and utter delusion.

Card Shark

Immortal
After copping sh!t all last week about the prices and crowd numbers, the NRL have realised they had to try something for the Manly/Cronulla game and you can't blame them for trying for this game

Ray Hadley was pleading with Todd Greenberg last Saturday to drop the prices & give cheap tickets a go .

They seemed to have dropped them a bit but not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.