What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are fat and unfit all the more reason for the lengthy walk!!

arent there free shuttle busses from the leagues club which makes this argument redundant anyways.

MASS TRANSIT papabear , MASS TRANSIT

even if they put on 100 buses that would still only be about 6000 to 7000 people.

And Military road is a nightmare on a friday night.

papabear

Juniors
well move the club to north sydney and rename them the bears and they wont have to deal with these problems.

oh wait....

no - didnt they kill the bears retreat to their swamp and now just continue to whinge about their circumstances.

LineBall

Juniors
What do posters think the crowds would be if the matches this weekend were played on Saturday night and Sunday arvo instead of Friday and Saturday?

Would a Crowd of 30k be a chance if the Sharks and Manly played on Sat night at the SFS?

RWB

Bench
yes
the difference between 125K & 95K is just massive :sarcasm:

They're not facts, they're just numbers you pulled out of your arse.

The only numbers we can compare so far are week 1.

AFL - 235,842 (Avg: 58,960)
NRL - 77,442 (Avg: 19,360)

Even if you wanted to be extremely generous and say the double header split into two separate games would've drawn and extra 20,000 fans it's not even close.

Listening to people harp on about our crowd figures compared to the AFL is annoying but no where near as annoying as the thick league fans who think there's not that much of a difference between the numbers.

Yes the difference is massive.

Brutus

Referee
What do posters think the crowds would be if the matches this weekend were played on Saturday night and Sunday arvo instead of Friday and Saturday?

Would a Crowd of 30k be a chance if the Sharks and Manly played on Sat night at the SFS?

Yes.

History suggests so as well.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If Mick Dittman can whip Red Anchor 180 times in the final furlong then Manly and Sharks fans can get to this game no probs

firechild

First Grade
well move the club to north sydney and rename them the bears and they wont have to deal with these problems.

oh wait....

no - didnt they kill the bears retreat to their swamp and now just continue to whinge about their circumstances.

Pretty sure most of the whinging is being done by people like yourself. Can't say I've seen any whinging from Manly fans.

For the record, if the death of the bears upset people like yourself then it was certainly a good thing. Panties have been in bunches ever since and every time I see a Bears fan moaning it brings a smile to my face. My team's playing a semi final tonight and all you get to do is sook on the internet. :lol:

reanimate

Bench

For sure. By having it on Friday, a fair number of Manly fans who have kids can't come- they'd have to return home from work, get their kids, then go into the city. If you're finishing work at 5:30-6, that's pretty much unfeasible (depending on where you work, of course). It's fine for me, since I don't have any kids, and it's fine for the guys I work with, we're all heading straight to Allianz after work.

Mr Saab

Referee
The game is obsessed with night time football (yes channel nine dictates terms). If the sharks / eagles game was played on Sunday avo at 3pm they would get 35k i believe.

guyver78

Juniors
The game is obsessed with night time football (yes channel nine dictates terms). If the sharks / eagles game was played on Sunday avo at 3pm they would get 35k i believe.

Maybe...
That's what they also said about the Dogs v Knights game last weekend and those 2 teams have really good supporter bases.
I actually doubt there would be a 10,000 pple difference in attendance even if this game was played this sunday as opposed to tonight?

On another note where are they discounting tickets for this game? I paid $70 each for my Category 1 in bay 35 which was allocated to Manly supporters.

guyver78

Juniors
The Lastix tickets yesterday were for Bay 33 and currently the $20 tickets are for bay 31.

Buy last minute tickets to Manly v Sharks - NRL Finals Series in Sydney thanks to this 69% off discount offer

FMD I paid $70 for the 3 that i bought, shafted hard :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.