What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Once people accept NRL is not as popular in Sydney as we would like then we will stop being disappointed at Sydney crowds.

All Black's aside Rugby league in Sydney is about as popular as Rugby Union in New Zealand and the game would of been packed out at Brookvale and Shark Park.

Saint Doc

Coach
Would like to see a bit more flexibility with stadiums.

I think tonight would have been great in Gosford.

I think in the future, any of the Western Sydney teams vs out of state teams should be considered for Parramatta Stadium. eg. Panthers or tigers vs GC or canberra

Brutus

Referee
Would like to see a bit more flexibility with stadiums.

I think tonight would have been great in Gosford.

I think in the future, any of the Western Sydney teams vs out of state teams should be considered for Parramatta Stadium. eg. Panthers or tigers vs GC or canberra

The atmosphere was great tonight despite being half-full.

SFS is a great venue. Play it on Sunday and you've got 30k plus. Rewind back to 1996 and you get 40k.

23k for tonight's match was okay, considering it was neither teams home ground. 30+ minutes to get to from home bases. However, it would have been nice if it was closer towards the 30k mark.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Broncos crowds ARE shit.

BUT its not really their fault; what you just said expressed the problem perfectly. They, in a much bigger market than any other team, dont have crowds or membership to match. This isnt because Sydney fans are better in some way, its because the broncos are already the biggest club in the league, they dont need to push themselves.

This is why the NRL needs another brisbane team. Imagine if the Brothers came in and, within 5 years, had more members and bigger crowds than the Broncos, who had had a 25 year head start. Broncos would be so embarrassed that they would really start to push membership and crowds to the limits of their potential.

The thing that brisbane really needs is competition.

Who would change from Broncos to a new team?
Very few I would suggest.

Perth Red

Post Whore
23k for tonight's match was okay, considering it was neither teams home ground. 30+ minutes to get to from home bases. However, it would have been nice if it was closer towards the 30k mark.

Lol, 30minutes to get to the game? really that's a reason not to go to your clubs biggest game of the year (so far)?

I did say 30+ minutes in my original post.

I was just assuming it is a minimum 30 minutes for Many fans. I wasn't of exact times for the fans. For Sharks fans, I know it was about an hour to get to the stadium.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I did say 30+ minutes in my original post.

I was just assuming it is a minimum 30 minutes for Many fans. I wasn't of exact times for the fans. For Sharks fans, I know it was about an hour to get to the stadium.
Really, an hour travel would put you off?
What do you expect, that the finals are played in your street?
Not much of a fan.

Meanwhile, down here in Melbourne they are complaining that the the crowd last night was disappointing - only 86,000. Of which half travelled up from Geelong (a little further that Cronulla or Manly). .
Jeez, what is wrong with you Sydney people?

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Really, an hour travel would put you off?
What do you expect, that the finals are played in your street?
Not much of a fan.

Meanwhile, down here in Melbourne they are complaining that the the crowd last night was disappointing - only 86,000. Of which half travelled up from Geelong (a little further that Cronulla or Manly). .
Jeez, what is wrong with you Sydney people?

Probably only 20,000 Geelong fans, but still awesome.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
What are you lot on about. The majority of people who live on the Northern Beaches work in the city or there abouts. SFS is the easiest stadium to get to after work for business folk. ANZ is another matter. No one works in the homebush area. Friday nights are the best time slot for SFS games. Saturday or Sunday for ANZ. AAMI park is one train-stop from Flinders St Station and is pretty easy on any day, they'll get 25k tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts