What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Highly highly doubt the souths v manly game will get 70k. There will be more Souths' supporters at this game compared to round 26, but will manly bring as many fans as easts did in rd 26? The crowd will be roughly 60 imo. 60~63K

Big Sam

First Grade
Assuming we have as many of our own as last year's prelim (35k), Friday will get 50k-55k.

40k for Saturday. It'd be nice to clear 100k for the weekend but it's unlikely.

Assuming we have as many of our own as last year's prelim (35k), Friday will get 50k-55k.

40k for Saturday. It'd be nice to clear 100k for the weekend but it's unlikely.

pathetic if that the case can clear 100k for a friggin preliminary final. show up no excuses for a prelim surely.

firechild

First Grade
2. Sydney NRL fans seem to hate Melbourne Storm much more than other Sydney sides. There is much more animosity/rivalry between AFL clubs in Melbourne compared to RL clubs/fans in Sydney.

Glad we can now write off everything you say because you've outed yourself as a clueless fumbleball apologist.

Storm aside (given their massive cheating that ruined the comp for years and continues to do so), Sydney fans will generally support the Cowpats, Titans, Raiders or Warriors before they'd support another Sydney club. Haven't you noticed the levels of animosity towards Manly, Canterbury, Cronulla, Souffs, Parra and Easts from rival Sydney fans?

Brisbane, like Melbourne is a different example, Sydney fans hate what they did to the game with Sewer League. AFL have no clubs that compare to Melbourne or Brisbane in the amount of damage they've done to the game.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The tickets for the prelims should have been put on sale a week ago. There's no reason why tickets to the Roosters and Souths bays couldn't be sold last week.

I swear you used to be able to buy tickets to the prelims weeks in advance. This is why we saw crowds of 40K+ for matches like Roosters V Cowboys in 04.

Big Sam

First Grade
The tickets for the prelims should have been put on sale a week ago. There's no reason why tickets to the Roosters and Souths bays couldn't be sold last week.

I swear you used to be able to buy tickets to the prelims weeks in advance. This is why we saw crowds of 40K+ for matches like Roosters V Cowboys in 04.

The NRL says you need to give supporters of both clubs an equal chance. What crap.

You can easily set aside 20k tickets across all categories for fans of each semi winner.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Pass marks should be

Souths v Manly 60k plus. 40k souths, 20k Manly.

Allianz should be a 40k plus... I remember 2006 semi between Newcastle and Broncos there were 22k. Surely the knights can bring 10-15k, plus stadium members and then the Roosters.

Saint Doc

Coach
The NRL says you need to give supporters of both clubs an equal chance. What crap.

You can easily set aside 20k tickets across all categories for fans of each semi winner.

Yeah it all stopped because we pretty much sold out the SFS in advance of the tigers qualifying for the prelim in 2005.

No one expected Wests to make it so their fans didn't prebook.

supercharger

Juniors
Melbourne is not Sydney
Sydney is not Melbourne

AFL fans in Melb have a desperate clingy need to attend big games even if they do not follow the teams involved.
All the Media down their need to do is attach the Word Blockbuster to a game & Melbournes neutral football fans are lining up along with the teams fans ..
you could add about 20K neutrals to their crowd last night as they has nothing better to do... also it helps that Melbourne is an easy city to get around even on Friday night.

Sydneysiders are not as easily motivated to attend a game not involving their side , They'll watch the game on TV of course , but won't subject themselves to the hassle of attending, certainly on a Friday night. Sydneys NRL sides still wallow in true tribalism & usually genuinely hate opposing sides from Sydney.
That sounds a little simplistic. Do you Have anything to back up the claim of 20,000 neutrals attending the game in Melbourne? I'm just curious as i don't watch that garbage or have any interest in it but that number seems high
And Sydney is hardly unique in regards to fans not being interested in attending games where their team isn't involved, look at BA for example, fans of San Lorenzo, huracán, racing do not attend matches where their team isn't playing.

Last edited:

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Pass marks should be

Souths v Manly 60k plus. 40k souths, 20k Manly.

Allianz should be a 40k plus... I remember 2006 semi between Newcastle and Broncos there were 22k. Surely the knights can bring 10-15k, plus stadium members and then the Roosters.
20k Manly fans couldn't even show up on Friday with buses to the city departing from their doorstep, what makes you think they'll make their way out to Homebush? 35k Souths fans for sure. The rest depends on Manly and I reckon 10k would be pushing it. 45k is what we'll probably get for Friday maybe 50k

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
20k Manly fans couldn't even show up on Friday with buses to the city departing from their doorstep, what makes you think they'll make their way out to Homebush? 35k Souths fans for sure. The rest depends on Manly and I reckon 10k would be pushing it. 45k is what we'll probably get for Friday maybe 50k

Im saying they SHOULD have 20k show up. They wont because they are sookie la las.

supercharger

Juniors
Everybody who regularly posts on this thread who said that Broncos home and away season crowds were ordinary should hang their heads in shame.

Broncos attendance is not great though, your average was 30,480 which is about 57% of capacity. You guys should be doing much better considering the size of your city, if the bombers had attendance like that we would be dead and we play in a much smaller market than you do

There were 27 buses.

27 buses can carry about 1800-2000 people.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Very little talk of storm going sub 20k last night

I remember finals in the mid 30s at docklands

That should of sold out last night

Status
Not open for further replies.