What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I got 108 after first being allocated 105 so cancelled. Am in Row 6 so not great elevation but at least I'm on the 50. PAX for me was 5,146

guyver78

Juniors
I got 108 after first being allocated 105 so cancelled. Am in Row 6 so not great elevation but at least I'm on the 50. PAX for me was 5,146

Mate I think you might have got what i cancelled. I cancelled 108 row 6 because i thought it was a little low but all i could get after was 104 so i just settled for that.

Then when I tried afterwards I got 407.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The whole category 1 western side on level 1 and 4 is allocated to ANZ Stadium members.
Yep, it's an absolute sham. There will be no good Cat 1 seats left by the time it goes on sale to the general public tomorrow. Another great marketing strategy by the NRL.

guyver78

Juniors
Do'h sorry :(

All good mate :)
104 will be pretty crappy but atmosphere should be good.

On another note there will be 7000 tickets released to each teams ticketed members after this week of footy.

Does anybody know what category these seats are? Or is it all just behind the posts?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Bought roosters v knights tickets about 15 minutes ago through telstra thanks. Bay 17, pax 12486.

Solid first day of sales. Hopefully this game gets the 35-40k it deserves.

Gutted I can't make it, September is never good time for in terms of attendance always got shit on :/

Jamberoo

Juniors
That sounds a little simplistic. Do you Have anything to back up the claim of 20,000 neutrals attending the game in Melbourne? I'm just curious as i don't watch that garbage or have any interest in it but that number seems high
And Sydney is hardly unique in regards to fans not being interested in attending games where their team isn't involved, look at BA for example, fans of San Lorenzo, huracán, racing do not attend matches where their team isn't playing.
Well, I have lived in Melbourne for 43 years and have attended one game not involving my team (snuck into the 1990 GF). Amongst the 20 - 30 footy going blokes I know, none would ever attend if their team wasn't playing (unless they scored a corporate ticket to the GF).
This is a huge myth.
When tickets are $100 - $160, who would watch another team?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Well, I have lived in Melbourne for 43 years and have attended one game not involving my team (snuck into the 1990 GF). Amongst the 20 - 30 footy going blokes I know, none would ever attend if their team wasn't playing (unless they scored a corporate ticket to the GF).
This is a huge myth.
When tickets are $100 - $160, who would watch another team?

But in Melbourne you would more likely go if you were a stadium member. I'd imagine this would help those 80,000 plus crowds during the AFL finals at the MCG.

Jamberoo

Juniors
But in Melbourne you would more likely go if you were a stadium member. I'd imagine this would help those 80,000 plus crowds during the AFL finals at the MCG.
AFL members still have to pay.
MCG members was sold out - mix of members and guest passes.
Isn't that the whole point, people here are prepared to $500 per year to get access to AFL finals tickets in case their team makes it.

RWB

Bench
15,000 tickets sold on day 1 for the Roosters Vs Knights game.

Will be interesting to see how ticket sales go tomorrow when they're released to the general public.

Springs

First Grade
I'm in Port Stephens the Saturday before the GF for a wedding. If Knights make the GF, what kind of traffic should I expect travelling down to Sydney on the Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts