What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
Nice crowd, for most games prior to this week, shit crowd for week 3 considering its two Sydney teams.

Should've been played on Sunday.

Von

Juniors
I've come to the conclusion, fans are just lazy.

Doesn't matter about what day it is played on or ticket prices or where it is played, RL fans are simply lazy, and the couch is just too easy and comfortable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've come to the conclusion there just are not as many fans supporting NRL clubs as we would like to think there are.

elbusto

Coach
I've come to the conclusion, fans are just lazy.

Doesn't matter about what day it is played on or ticket prices or where it is played, RL fans are simply lazy, and the couch is just too easy and comfortable.
Possibly that with a combination of the ever increasing impact of Origin.

Having a season that tries to peak twice might be wearing a bit thin.

It's messed up that a regular season crowd is the highest overall for the NRL not counting the Grand Final. 2 Sydney teams and 44k that's just bad for a prelim of all things too.

Diesel

Referee
Possibly that with a combination of the ever increasing impact of Origin.

Having a season that tries to peak twice might be wearing a bit thin.

+1

I'm not anti-Origin but the season needs to be suspended for 3 weeks to get this out of the way while non-Australian teams also play internationals

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Meh, keep going on about crowds DT, you and I know why they are down, but don't let that stop you. Rave rave rave on, but what have you Newspapers ever done to help out those smaller supported clubs that you supposedly looked after while you owned and ripped the game apart?

One day they will look up the word "negativity" and up will pop Rugby League = news limited.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It's messed up that a regular season crowd is the highest overall for the NRL not counting the Grand Final. 2 Sydney teams and 44k that's just bad for a prelim of all things too.

There was 44,000 when we played the Cowboys in 2005, an interstate team.

I wouldve expected 50,000 or even close to 60,000, tonight's crowd, well it was pretty disappointing.

LatK7

First Grade
Rubbish crowd after what we've come to expect from Sydney prelims.

Poor showing from Manly. Seriously.

Valheru

Coach
Why is anyone surprised by the crowd? 50-60k was never going to happen. Souths are not the most popular team in the universe contrary to their fans belief.

Brutus

Referee
Disappointing night for our great game.

If the Knights don't upset the Chooks tomorrow night then all I have to say is ho hum. Better off having a Glebe v Annandale GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.