What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dude

Juniors
Well done mate, my mate lost $100 all up on his Diamond tickets which wasn't too bad.

He did quite well. Just my luck to have a Manly/Roosters grand final after I buy tickets for the first time ever. Probably would've gone if a team I didn't despise made it!

the dude

Juniors
Also just letting everyone know, I know a shitload of people that want to get rid of them. PM me if you want to get in touch with anyone

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Warriors fans already crying on talkback radio about having to go to Eden Park. Some even want refunds on their season tickets or an option to just buy a season ticket for the 8 games at Mt Smart

Hahah classic cry-babies. Shit stadiums everywhere in that country, why not go to a less shit one in Eden Park, or give the (ugly) but practical Forsyth Barr Stadium a couple?

papabear

Juniors
Managed to get rid of all mine thank god. Bought them for 165 each, sold 3 of them for cost price. Sold 3 of them for 120.

Never buying grand final tickets mid-season ever again. f**k the NRL
then souths v dogs in the gf and you miss out on tickets.

Its not the nrls fault souths chocked.

Canard

Immortal
I love that logic.

Tickets I bought mid season of my own free will, that Ive now on sold.

But f**k the NRL.

the dude

Juniors
I love that logic.

Tickets I bought mid season of my own free will, that Ive now on sold.

But f**k the NRL.

It is stupid policy. They put tickets on sale well in advance, if Souths made the grand final I most likely wouldn't have been able to get any and I definitely wouldn't get 6 together, which then forces me into buying them early. They don't even offer a 'buy back' scheme for teams eliminated in the preliminary finals.

Not to mention the ticket prices. $160 got you the best seats 6 years ago, now they're $350? Please.. Unless inflation has doubled they're ripping us off.

firechild

First Grade
It is stupid policy. They put tickets on sale well in advance, if Souths made the grand final I most likely wouldn't have been able to get any and I definitely wouldn't get 6 together, which then forces me into buying them early. They don't even offer a 'buy back' scheme for teams eliminated in the preliminary finals.

Not to mention the ticket prices. $160 got you the best seats 6 years ago, now they're $350? Please.. Unless inflation has doubled they're ripping us off.

You're whinging about 2 entirely separate issues as if they're the same.

morley101

Juniors

You knew the price and knew it was a gamble when you bought the tickets.
No sympathy.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Or maybe the tickets were really cheap 6 years ago because the league was coming off the Super League war, which effected the games popularity, lowering the demand for tickets and in doing so forcing a reduction in ticket prices.

Then again, maybe youre right and everything should stay how it was in the "good old days" because f**k progress.

Dragons01

First Grade
As a season ticket holder until this year we always purchased GF tickets and like most years when Saints didn't make it we would sell them on ebay at cost price (only ever wanted to get our money back). During the years we have done this we have sold tickets to Manly, Storm, Dogs all sorts of fans.

This year when we saw the price of the tickets we didn't bother buying them because we knew we would have trouble selling them and getting our money back. Especially if a couple of the more popular teams crashed out.

Bay53

Juniors
You would think it would be possible to extend the buy back until 12 noon on the Sunday.

Mind you say if it was Manly who were sitting on top all year and then they got knocked out and Souths were in, fans of Manly would have been selling their tickets for a profit to Souths fans.

Personally I love the fact that as a member of any club I can get a GF ticket. Of course this year I would have been better off not buying and getting one off eBay this week for a discount.

You would have to think though that if tickets haven't been sold at this stage, anyone making a late decision to go is much better off buying from the unofficial sources.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
All the years that I have gone to the Grand Final - 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2011 - I bought the tickets hoping the Broncos would make it into the GF, and if they didnt (all but one) I would go anyway.. Because you know, I am a Rugby League fan..?

Big Sam

First Grade
All the years that I have gone to the Grand Final - 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2011 - I bought the tickets hoping the Broncos would make it into the GF, and if they didnt (all but one) I would go anyway.. Because you know, I am a Rugby League fan..?

You expect Souths fans to go and watch their two most detested rivals?

Bay53

Juniors

In all the years I have gone 2004-2013, probably half the time my club has been no chance when the tix first went on sale but I do love going. However it is not for everyone.

I think the NRL should note that they have sold out the Bronze area no worries, suggests to me that people are more than willing to go for the right price.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You expect Souths fans to go and watch their two most detested rivals?

Isn't st George and Balmain your two most detested rivals? We hate you too. So does everyone, because your whinging selfish feral merkins who don't give a f**k about league.

f**king souths fans. Whinging because your team choked. Next time don't buy tickets or stfu about it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Isn't st George and Balmain your two most detested rivals? We hate you too. So does everyone, because your whinging selfish feral merkins who don't give a f**k about league.

f**king souths fans. Whinging because your team choked. Next time don't buy tickets or stfu about it.

They need to get a grip, go enjoy a good atmosphere and what will be a great game. Souuuurrr grapessss.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In all the years I have gone 2004-2013, probably half the time my club has been no chance when the tix first went on sale but I do love going. However it is not for everyone.

I think the NRL should note that they have sold out the Bronze area no worries, suggests to me that people are more than willing to go for the right price.

Spot on, especially when even though they are way up top in the shite area, its preferable to pay less and sit in the shit.

Dragons01

First Grade
Spot on, especially when even though they are way up top in the shite area, its preferable to pay less and sit in the shit.

100% As of now you can still get tickets in Bays 106 & 108 which are bays either side of halfway. 4 days out from the GF and prime seats 9 rows back near the half way line are still available in numbers.

The people have spoken the NRLs 'product' is overpriced.

cleary89

Coach
They'd be spewing the year they put up the prices was the year they got the 2 worst supported teams in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts