What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I understand supply/demand curves. However, demand is not inelastic, so when crowds start dropping off (51k for a Brisbane origin should be a canary in the coal mine) the price is too high.

I dont think the NRL cares to much though - because the origin was still a genuine sell out. Heaps of corporates had tickets and didn't show, along with that group booking in section 533.

Springs

First Grade
While it is a premium event, i think it is over priced relative to demographic that the ordinary footy fan sits in. A price hike and a 7pm GF is pretty hard to take in 1 season and the only reason i am now going is that the tickets where a gift for my birthday!

Another thing i don't like is that the tickets go on sale early in the season so people who think there team has a chance by tickets only to be disappointed later in the year and have to sell them on if they aren't interested in being a neutral. I would like to see 50% of capacity made available early in the season, then 25% at RD26 and the final allocation in grand final week

Yeah I agreed to go because of the thought of watching a Souths-Easts Grand Final. I'm still going because of the event and the fact I already paid but as a neutral no way do I think a $100 price hike to sit behind the posts to watch Easts v Manly is worth it.

Springs

First Grade
afl GF sold out..top price $399..lowest price $150...100007 people packed the MCG.
What are the prices for nrl?

Highest is $345 for Diamond seats which take up pretty much all of the good lower level/mid-level seats that aren't taken by corporates or ANZ members. Platinum, Gold and Silver tickets take up the areas around the corner posts/goal posts and most of the top level, lowest is $165 compared to $65 last year.
Bronze tickets are the lowest at $80 and they're right up the very top.

Canard

Immortal
Surely they will reduce the diamond prices tomorrow to sell it out

It has been embarrassing enough this year

74,000 at a gf may be final nail

Poster yesterday said that the PAX was up to 82,000 odd??

If 84,000 tickets are sold and only 74,000 turn up, what can the NRL do about that??

guyver78

Juniors
Bronze tickets are the lowest at $80 and they're right up the very top.

$80 isn't much for a GF game but if you're going to pay $80 to sit up there then save your $80, stay home & watch it on your 54inch LCD TV.

Upper level 6 at ANZ is a joke, i've sat up there once and never again. Had to go home and re-watch the game on TV just to see what went on, I know a lot will disagree with me but sorry I think that goes for pretty much all of level 6 at ANZ. Too high and too far.

guyver78

Juniors
Just had a look on eBay, loads and loads of good seats for sale guys at discounted prices so keep your eyes open for those Manly/Roosters interested in going to the game. Forget Ticketek.

just 1 of many examples below:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NRL Grand Final Tickets - 2 Diamond Bay 110 - Save $240

I have 2 Diamond Tickets, in Bay 110 row 9, available. They cost $345 each ($690 in total) willing to sell for $225 each (save $120 per ticket) as I just want them gone.

They are EzyTickets so I can email to you.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Like I predicted lots of people struggling to get their money back especially on those ridiculously expensive seats.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
$80 isn't much for a GF game but if you're going to pay $80 to sit up there then save your $80, stay home & watch it on your 54inch LCD TV.

Upper level 6 at ANZ is a joke, i've sat up there once and never again. Had to go home and re-watch the game on TV just to see what went on, I know a lot will disagree with me but sorry I think that goes for pretty much all of level 6 at ANZ. Too high and too far.

Ive stat in 626 row 36 (few rows from the back) and it was shit, the absolute worst (Ive sat very back row of MCG too) - which was far better.

All you see is the roof and the field and a little bit of the corners.

Ive also sat the front row of section 623 - it wasn't too bad - kind of liked the view of the stadium... But again, looking at the field, not so flash... Left feeling so far away.

You don't realise just how bad ANZ is until your next visit to Suncorp.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just had a look on eBay, loads and loads of good seats for sale guys at discounted prices so keep your eyes open for those Manly/Roosters interested in going to the game. Forget Ticketek.

just 1 of many examples below:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NRL Grand Final Tickets - 2 Diamond Bay 110 - Save $240

I have 2 Diamond Tickets, in Bay 110 row 9, available. They cost $345 each ($690 in total) willing to sell for $225 each (save $120 per ticket) as I just want them gone.

They are EzyTickets so I can email to you.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Like I predicted lots of people struggling to get their money back especially on those ridiculously expensive seats.

Heaps on gumtree asking for below cost as well.

Rewind a week and there were people offering to pay in excess of $5,000 for a seat to the AFL grand final.

Canard

Immortal
Heaps on gumtree asking for below cost as well.

Rewind a week and there were people offering to pay in excess of $5,000 for a seat to the AFL grand final.

Surely we aren't going to say that its a bad thing that people can't onsell tickets for exorbitant prices however?

If the tickets are sold they are sold.

Bay53

Juniors
Will be interesting to see how close they get to a sellout. It was said when they increased the ticket prices so much that they may struggle if the most popular teams don't make it.

In the end it is still an all Sydney GF but probably not the most popular Sydney teams.

One would hope the tickets prices drop or at least stagnate for sometime.

Personally I am going because I love going and I have been every year since I have been living in Canberra (2004) even though the Raiders have never really got close.

My 10th NRL grand final. Last Saturday was my 19th consecutive AFL grand final.

Have also made 6 of the 8 lead up finals this year. Guess I just love live games but I seem to be in the minority in this sport.

Bay53

Juniors
Also does anyone have an ANZ stadium membership? I have been thinking of getting one. You can get the joining fee a but cheaper if you buy off someone and I understand it was $699 for the year this year. If you consider that it was $345 for the GF ticket, $190 for each of the origins, $50 for a guest ticket for each of Souths v Melbourne and Bulldogs v Knights, $70 for a members ticket to the Souths v Manly (bought at a discount off eBay) I have paid $895 plus booking fees to attend these games. (Regular season games at ANZ I have another membership that gets me reciprocal entry into ANZ stadium)

Only thing holding me back is for origin and GF I always buy as soon as tickets go on sale and get bay 107 right on half way. Interested to hear from members out there how often they get dud seats for the big games.

Also does anyone know the renewal price for 2014. I understand it goes up with CPI (which isn't much at the moment) but also with the increased ticket prices.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Also does anyone have an ANZ stadium membership? I have been thinking of getting one. You can get the joining fee a but cheaper if you buy off someone and I understand it was $699 for the year this year. If you consider that it was $345 for the GF ticket, $190 for each of the origins, $50 for a guest ticket for each of Souths v Melbourne and Bulldogs v Knights, $70 for a members ticket to the Souths v Manly (bought at a discount off eBay) I have paid $895 plus booking fees to attend these games. (Regular season games at ANZ I have another membership that gets me reciprocal entry into ANZ stadium)

Only thing holding me back is for origin and GF I always buy as soon as tickets go on sale and get bay 107 right on half way. Interested to hear from members out there how often they get dud seats for the big games.

Also does anyone know the renewal price for 2014. I understand it goes up with CPI (which isn't much at the moment) but also with the increased ticket prices.

Thats SO cheap! Id get one. Suncorp the cheapest memberships on the Lower 10m line are $1390...!

Usain Bolt

Bench
Warriors will have 8 games at Mt Smart, 3 at Eden Park and 1 in Wellington in 2014.

Warriors fans already crying on talkback radio about having to go to Eden Park. Some even want refunds on their season tickets or an option to just buy a season ticket for the 8 games at Mt Smart

the dude

Juniors
Managed to get rid of all mine thank god. Bought them for 165 each, sold 3 of them for cost price. Sold 3 of them for 120.

Never buying grand final tickets mid-season ever again. f**k the NRL

guyver78

Juniors
Managed to get rid of all mine thank god. Bought them for 165 each, sold 3 of them for cost price. Sold 3 of them for 120.

Never buying grand final tickets mid-season ever again. f**k the NRL

Well done mate, my mate lost $100 all up on his Diamond tickets which wasn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts