What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Go to the ticketek website and have a look. See my last post.

Roosters silver tickets were in Bays 115 to 122.

I'm not sure what Bay 622 is, whether they're tickets that didn't sell in pre-sales or what but the Roosters sections are single seats only.

LJC

Juniors
So 82,000 tickets sold on Tuesday and people claiming it wont be close to, if not a sell out??

Hope you are right!

The game deserves sell out status. But then again so did most of the finals games leading up to it.

And look at that debacle! Still can't get over why they did(ticket price rise of $20) what they did to the Melbourne V Newcastle game in Melbourne!?

They are 2 great teams!

It will be an epic battle!

Go the mighty Roosters!

tumbidragon

First Grade
That includes 50,000 Souffs supporters who are now trying to sell their tickets :lol:
How good would It be if 20 odd thousand souffs fans had to sit there and watch Easts win a grand final :lol: That would be like adding salt to an axe wound :D
lol@souffs!

Perth Red

Post Whore
RLWC2013 have priced the tickets very low to encourage decent crowds. Don't suppose it will make a huge profit but it will at least come across as a major sporting event.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And look at that debacle! Still can't get over why they did(ticket price rise of $20) what they did to the Melbourne V Newcastle game in Melbourne!?

What was interesting was both ends of aami were packed out but the over priced best seats were pretty much empty. Whoever at NRLHQ decided they would put a big price barrier to attracting new fans in an expansion area wants a severe thonging.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
My facebook is crowded with status updates selling grand final tickets - all of them Melbourne and Souths fans....!

Dragons01

First Grade
What was interesting was both ends of aami were packed out but the over priced best seats were pretty much empty. Whoever at NRLHQ decided they would put a big price barrier to attracting new fans in an expansion area wants a severe thonging.

Go to Ticketek now and there is a heap of Diamond seats left whether you type in Roosters or Manly but the cheaper seats only have limited availability or in single seats.

Might be something in that.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Surely they will reduce the diamond prices tomorrow to sell it out

It has been embarrassing enough this year

74,000 at a gf may be final nail

CC_Roosters

First Grade
While it is a premium event, i think it is over priced relative to demographic that the ordinary footy fan sits in. A price hike and a 7pm GF is pretty hard to take in 1 season and the only reason i am now going is that the tickets where a gift for my birthday!

Another thing i don't like is that the tickets go on sale early in the season so people who think there team has a chance by tickets only to be disappointed later in the year and have to sell them on if they aren't interested in being a neutral. I would like to see 50% of capacity made available early in the season, then 25% at RD26 and the final allocation in grand final week

guyver78

Juniors
Another thing i don't like is that the tickets go on sale early in the season so people who think there team has a chance by tickets only to be disappointed later in the year and have to sell them on if they aren't interested in being a neutral. I would like to see 50% of capacity made available early in the season, then 25% at RD26 and the final allocation in grand final week

Yeah exactly that would be really good but they wont do that because had Manly, Melbourne, Sharks or the Cowboys made the grand final and played each other there's no way they would sell them out especially at those prices so the NRL will never take that risk.

I think a lot of Souths supporters will probably end up going to the grand final if they cant get rid of their tickets because of the high cost.

I wonder if they sell Origin in Sydney next year given prices will be exactly the same.

One of my mates just got lucky and ended up selling 2 of his Diamond tickets to another mate who's a Roosters supporter for $300 each so ended up losing about $100 in the end.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think the price hike and difficulty on selling May well see people less inclined to buy them early next year.

RWB

Bench
Im sorry, but i dont know what you people were expecting.

You want to have the biggest, most popular league in the country that everyone wants to see?
Well, this is what happens. Demand for tickets is high, so the price goes up and people will still buy them.

I know people like to paint themselves as the victim, "20 years ago, when no one cared about the game, i could get in to games cheap. Therefore, i should still get cheap tickets now. Because logic!!!!!"

The game doesnt owe you anything, because of your loyalty. You were around before they were popular so you took advantage of cheap prices. Now the quality of the game is through the roof, you either pay the current price or just dont go.

I think the words "We want to have the biggest, most popular league in the country" are the key there.

The Grand Final is the chance for Rugby League to sell itself to Australia, it attracts more viewers on TV in more states than any other premiership game in the season and it attracts people who are casual viewers, people who have never been interested in the game before and people who have never seen the game.

The Grand Final should be about celebrating everything that's great about Rugby League, not about making money.

For mine the sections behind the goalposts should a sea of colours, one set of supporters at one end and the opposition at the other. Banners, flags, chants & colour, the fans who have shown up week in week out getting their day to shine.

So what if we miss out on a couple million because instead of chasing the dollar we instead choose to grow the brand. Surely with the game better off financially than it has ever been is the time to grow the brand.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Yep I hate this too. Love those Sydney prelims where ANZ is completely divided in two - looks great and sounds great.

Im sorry, but i dont know what you people were expecting.

You want to have the biggest, most popular league in the country that everyone wants to see?
Well, this is what happens. Demand for tickets is high, so the price goes up and people will still buy them.

I understand supply/demand curves. However, demand is not inelastic, so when crowds start dropping off (51k for a Brisbane origin should be a canary in the coal mine) the price is too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.