What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
I don't get why the game is flush with cash the prices have sky rocketed and clubs are expected to increase crowds to a minimum of 20K by 2017. Do these decision makers have rocks in their heads? Price all tickets for crowds to come, not to drive them away

guyver78

Juniors
Spot on, especially when even though they are way up top in the shite area, its preferable to pay less and sit in the shit.

Seems to be a lot of debate about this and having been to ANZ at least 100 times now and having sat on every level and corner I thought I'd start a bit of a debate about the seating at ANZ stadium. Just my opinion ofcourse, some will agree others wont but here it goes:

- Level 1 Aisles 106-109 & 129-132 by far the best & really the only seats worth it
-Level 1 Aisles 103-105, 110-112, 126-128 & 133-135 yeah still OK, the elevated view is there and it's OK but when the action is happening on the other side of the field you're watching the big screen
-Level 1 behind the posts Don't waste your money, stay home and watch it on TV. Lots will disagree and for an origin game it's marginally better but to an average Souths game that draws 18,000 people its garbage, you're watching the big screen most game.
-Level 3 behind the posts never sat there so cant comment.
-Level 4 East and West Aisles 406-409 & 432-435 Yeah level 4 only just passes, unless the stadium is packed to capacity 82,000 people there is no atmosphere on Level 4 not to mention that it is high. So whilst the view is good you're pretty far away from the action.
-Level 4 Corners East & West Crap!!! you can barely see what's going on when all the action is happening on the other side of the field. Not worth it.
-Level 6 Aisles 625-628 & 606-609 Only thing that's even marginally acceptable is these Aisles first 5 rows. Again great view but you're really disconnected from the action.
-Rest of Level 6 Stay home, watch the game on TV and save your money.

other opinions?

STORM.99/07

Bench
Last season I enquired about flights from sadelaide,tickets to GF and 1 nights accommadation it was going to cost us $2600.If I lived in sydney I wouldn`t baulk at paying $400 to see my team play in a GF (Storm)

Springs

First Grade
Seems to be a lot of debate about this and having been to ANZ at least 100 times now and having sat on every level and corner I thought I'd start a bit of a debate about the seating at ANZ stadium. Just my opinion ofcourse, some will agree others wont but here it goes:

- Level 1 Aisles 106-109 & 129-132 by far the best & really the only seats worth it
-Level 1 Aisles 103-105, 110-112, 126-128 & 133-135 yeah still OK, the elevated view is there and it's OK but when the action is happening on the other side of the field you're watching the big screen
-Level 1 behind the posts Don't waste your money, stay home and watch it on TV. Lots will disagree and for an origin game it's marginally better but to an average Souths game that draws 18,000 people its garbage, you're watching the big screen most game.
-Level 4 East and West Aisles 406-409 & 432-435 Yeah level 4 only just passes, unless the stadium is packed to capacity 82,000 people there is no atmosphere on Level 4 not to mention that it is high. So whilst the view is good you're pretty far away from the action.
-Level 4 Corners East & West Crap!!! you can barely see what's going on when all the action is happening on the other side of the field. Not worth it.
-Level 6 Aisles 625-628 & 606-609 Only thing that's even marginally acceptable is these Aisles first 5 rows. Again great view but you're really disconnected from the action.

other opinions?

I'd say sitting anywhere in the stadium cheering on your team with other supporters is far better than watching on TV listening to the crap on Channel 9.
I don't think as a neutral paying over $300 to watch these teams is worth it but for the cheaper seats watching a Grand Final with 80,000 other supporters it definitely is.

Saint Doc

Coach
They'd be spewing the year they put up the prices was the year they got the 2 worst supported teams in it.

It's not even that they are poorly supported. It's that neutrals won't go to cheer them on. Teams like NQLD, warriors, GC would score lots of neutrals cheering an upset

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could playing the GF in Sydney every year breed complacency? Shouldn't do and if it was souths v eels I don't suppose we would be having this conversation but with the price hike I wonder if a cowboys v manly or titans v storm would struggle to sell out?

bor

Juniors
I couldn't care less if the neutrals won't come to cheer either team. I'd prefer the 2 best teams make the grand final than one team sneaking in being massive underdogs who are likely to cop a hiding.

LatK7

First Grade
It's not even that they are poorly supported. It's that neutrals won't go to cheer them on. Teams like NQLD, warriors, GC would score lots of neutrals cheering an upset

Good point. I kept my tickets in 2011 to see if NZ would get up. Stacks of neutrals went along for that one for the same reason I'd imagine.

Billythekid

First Grade
The roosters don't have a small fan base and Manly managed to sell out a GF against the storm. If the game isn't packed it will be because of either high ticket prices or the massive amounts of bunnies fans who couldn't get rid of their tickets.

Brutus

Referee
The roosters don't have a small fan base and Manly managed to sell out a GF against the storm. If the game isn't packed it will be because of either high ticket prices or the massive amounts of bunnies fans who couldn't get rid of their tickets.

The whole ticket price hike combined with the Bunnies bombing out has been a major problem for this GF.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

other opinions?

I do agree with you, we get spoiled for viewing experience at Suncorp.

I haven't sat anywhere on level four. I've sat 107, 142 - 146(MC Bays), 317 and a few at the frontish of the 600's, only up the back of level 6 once - will NEVER, EVER again.

I do have that element of travel and accommodation, which adds to it all - and given the fact that ANZ is usually a 1-3 time visit for me a year I dont really mind where I sit because its different. I hate when people at Suncorp say "aww I dont want to sit Level 7", because level 7 is much closer than level 3 and 4 at ANZ IMO.

Bay53

Juniors
The whole ticket price hike combined with the Bunnies bombing out has been a major problem for this GF.

That's right. There has been one Grand Final since 2004 that has been all Sydney. All of them sold out, and there have been examples when the favored team during the season bombed in the Prelim.

Manly have played in two sold out GFs against the Storm and one against the Warriors. Surely the Roosters have more fans than those sides are willing to travel to Sydney.

Bay53

Juniors

other opinions?

Largely agree but I like level 4.

Diesel

Referee

Agreed.

Manly sold out the GF vs Melbourne and the Warriors in 2007, 08 and '11 and although it's been over a decade the Roosters had over 80K to a GF vs Warriors.

It'll be the ticket price that'll kill it but this game WILL be sold out, the ARLC can't afford for it not to

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Manly have no traveling supporters. They are the reason Week 3 got 45k (Even though everyone wants to blame the Bunnies) and they are the reason this Grand Final is not sold out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts