What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceagle

Bench
Adult (ticketed members)
Cat1 ($70.00) $80.00

Cat2 ($45.00) $50.00

Cat3 ($25.00) $30.00
Still its stupid having Manly, Roosters, most likely Doggies and Newcastle fans all playing in the same stadium, both games by themselves would do better.

adamkungl

Immortal
Still its stupid having Manly, Roosters, most likely Doggies and Newcastle fans all playing in the same stadium, both games by themselves would do better.

Sharks.

Fair enough if people don't like the idea but the tantrums over perfectly normal ticket prices which you get TWO games for is ridiculous.

SFS prices for a normal non-finals, non-double header are $50/$40/$30!

ceagle

Bench
Sharks.

Fair enough if people don't like the idea but the tantrums over perfectly normal ticket prices which you get TWO games for is ridiculous.

Well if Cronulla beat Canberra which they should that would push Doggies down to 6th which means they will play in the double header.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sharks.

The working class can't afford $80 tickets

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So Roosters v manly on a Saturday night then. Well f**k me that would have got 30k on its own. Congrats NRL on looking very amateur and f**king up week 1 of the finals

undertaker

Coach

Long post disclaimer...

I personally don't like either the Roosters or your club, but feelings aside, I do feel it is very unfair on the Roosters (who have legitimately earned their home final, especially as minor premiers) that they'll have to share it with another match, hence diluting theirs - as well as your Sea Eagles - supporters. Roosters/Sea Eagles is a huge match-up that would've easily got 35k minimum on it's own. It now just completely takes the gloss off the match-up having a double header at the SFS, There may've been a very SLIGHT justification for the double-header decision if it ended up being Roosters/Storm, but now it's a marquee all-Sydney match this is really going to blow up in the NRL's face and Greenburg - whom although was lauded by most on this forum, I started having doubts about as far back as last year's NRL GF when he defended James Graham's biting incident - is now showing himself to be very incompetent by talking up about how happy fans are with his decision!!!! What??? Is he serious about that? Those fans must be imaginary ones in his mind.

And yes, I agree, I highly doubt that the majority of Sharks and either Knights/Cowboys fans will stay for the 2nd game, especially if their team gets knocked-out in the earlier match, not to mention that others have said the intermission between the two matches is just way too long. If they really wanted a true double-header, it needed to be back-to-back like it was last year when the Storm/Rabbitohs match was at 5:55pm followed by the Cowboys/Broncos at 7:55pm. Looking at the kickoff times of 4pm and 7pm on Saturday, I can defintely see that Ch9 have once again got their grubby hands all over the scheduling as they don't like anyone to touch their 6pm news bulletin (e.g. the Corey Parker incident in 2009 IIRC where he needed to kick from the sideline to force the game into golden point but because the time was already 5:59pm you knew he had missed it before he kicked it).

I see this year that the AFL made a rare concession and allowed Geelong to play their home final yesterday at Geelong instead of Etihad Stadium, which is where lower-drawing Melbourne teams have had to play their home week 1 final when the 4 hosts have been Victorian sides and hence the MCG hosted the other three finals in the first week). I know the NRL changed the rules in 2011 which meant Sydney teams have to play their home finals at either ANZ or SFS (mainly instigated by the Dragons/Eels debacle at Kogarah in 2009, followed by the Dragons/Sea Eagles the following year. The Daily Telegraph got their way at the end of the day with their staunch campaigning), but REALLY the NRL should've allowed the Sharks a similar concession which would've avoided this awful, messy situation that will be for all to see on tv next Saturday. As a Knights fan, I wouldn't have had any qualms about playing the game at Shark Park if we did end up having to play the Sharks, however I could see the huge stink this would've caused with other Sydney teams in the future who play out of suburban grounds, questioning the NRL as to why they can't play week 1 finals at their home ground. The next best compromise would've been to have the Sharks vs Knights/Cowboys match at either the SCG or at Parramatta Stadium. Although the SCG/Moore Park precinct is closer to Cronulla, the capacity of Parramatta would've been more suited to the match-up. Either way, the NRL can't cry foul and say they were FORCED into this situation; they've simply just dug themselves a very deep hole. The NRL really screwed up big-time here.

OT, Another potential screw up that has been also discussed is that Knights/Titans/Raiders are not eligible to host home preliminary (week 3) finals, yet teams like Cowboys and Storm (that play out of venues with less capacity than the Knights) can. It will suck one day if my team, the Knights, have to play a "home" PF against the Bulldogs at ANZ or the Roosters at the SFS. Completely unfair. I know us Knights fans love to give it to the Raiders fans, but I will feel sorry for them if likewise, they have to play a home PF in the future against a Sydney team at their venue rather than Canberra. Titans situation isn't so bad because Suncorp is only one hours drive away from the Robina district, but still.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
My issue with it is thus:

The stadium holds 40k, right? The Roosters, Manly, and Sharks have close to that many members on their own (low to mid 30's). The knights always have a good travelling contingent (not so much cows) so this is essentially a lock out of non members and neutrals.

I still want to go, but if I can't get a block of 8 decent tickets (lower bowl, not behind the posts) for the guys I sit with at shark park week in, week out (a bunch of us are season ticket holders) we'll be watching in the club.

Danish

Referee
I'd bet my left nut that every merkin on here complaining about the doubleheader wouldn't be in the crowd wherever or when ever it was played. It will sellout and a 45k (or whatever the capacity is) will look great. Plus we will smash it in the TV ratings.

And please stop talking about that afl shit. No one gives a f**k.

I've been to all 24 roosters games this year. How many raiders games have you been to?

I will be turning up before The roosters game kicks off on Saturday night. I am not interested in any way to arrive 4 hours beforehand to watch a game I had no interest in going to and having to spend $18 to buy myself a pie, chips and drink for dinner. Given I'm about the most die hard version of an easts fan I can't see too many other fans willing to turn up early either.

The crowd is going to have 10-15k in the stands for te sharks game, with huge empty bays in prime positions, then 20-25k in the stands for the Roosters game with 90% of the sharks fans pissing off after their game ends.

The 5 or 10% of the crowd who actually stay for both will easily be accounted for my the amount of roosters and manly fans who'll get locked out because they miss out on Cat 1-2 tickets and aren't interested in sitting behind the goalposts

You can send me your left nut in the mail

undertaker

Coach
Greenberg that smug prick thinks that this is a good idea. What a farkin fool.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-announce-finals-double-header/tabid/10874/newsid/74521/default.aspx

But Greenberg denied the NRL had been pressured into the rescheduling.
"I think we can be pretty clear that the NRL has not been forced into the move," Greenberg said.
"I think at the end of the day everyone has got a great result.
"I would suggest both sports are happy with the outcome.
"This is a groundbreaking double header and hopefully we can fill Allianz Stadium.
"I think it is a wonderful move ... an innovation thing.
"It's great not just for the broadcasters but the fans.
"It will be a fantastic weekend of finals."

undertaker

Coach
I've been to all 24 roosters games this year. How many raiders games have you been to?

I will be turning up before The roosters game kicks off on Saturday night. I am not interested in any way to arrive 4 hours beforehand to watch a game I had no interest in going to and having to spend $18 to buy myself a pie, chips and drink for dinner. Given I'm about the most die hard version of an easts fan I can't see too many other fans willing to turn up early either.

The crowd is going to have 10-15k in the stands for te sharks game, with huge empty bays in prime positions, then 20-25k in the stands for the Roosters game with 90% of the sharks fans pissing off after their game ends.

The 5 or 10% of the crowd who actually stay for both will easily be accounted for my the amount of roosters and manly fans who'll get locked out because they miss out on Cat 1-2 tickets and aren't interested in sitting behind the goalposts

You can send me your left nut in the mail
Don't get worked up over him. He's just bitter that his team won't be playing finals football this year

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
i've been to all 24 roosters games this year. How many raiders games have you been to?

I will be turning up before the roosters game kicks off on saturday night. I am not interested in any way to arrive 4 hours beforehand to watch a game i had no interest in going to and having to spend $18 to buy myself a pie, chips and drink for dinner. Given i'm about the most die hard version of an easts fan i can't see too many other fans willing to turn up early either.

The crowd is going to have 10-15k in the stands for te sharks game, with huge empty bays in prime positions, then 20-25k in the stands for the roosters game with 90% of the sharks fans pissing off after their game ends.

The 5 or 10% of the crowd who actually stay for both will easily be accounted for my the amount of roosters and manly fans who'll get locked out because they miss out on cat 1-2 tickets and aren't interested in sitting behind the goalposts

you can send me your left nut in the mail
csb.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Holy shit, you people are actually bitching that the SFS is going to get a full house. God forbid it get some f**king atmosphere.

There is literally no way to make you people happy!!!!!

"the stadium is empty, now theres no atmosphere. OH NO!!!!!!"

"the stadiums full, now i dont get my usual choice of 20,000 empty seats. OH NO!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts