What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Anyone who thinks people wont hang around for both finals are just whining for whining sake.. the joint will b near full for the 2nd final certainly...the same drop kicks said the GF wouldnt sellout because the prices went up ..
They were wrong then & will b again re the crowd for this D/H.
when will some posters in here tire of being wrong...

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Anyone who thinks people wont hang around for both finals are just whining for whining sake.. the joint will b near full for the 2nd final certainly...the same drop kicks said the GF wouldnt sellout... when will some posters in here tire of being wrong...

:/, show me the posts from myself or others in this thread saying the GF wouldn't sellout or gtfo. Even IF the game is a sellout and most of them hang around this was still a terrible decision to make it a double header.

Raiderdave

First Grade
:/, show me the posts from myself or others in this thread saying the GF wouldn't sellout or gtfo. Even IF the game is a sellout and most of them hang around this was still a terrible decision to make it a double header.

Who said I was referring to you .so keep yr pants on

Find the thread yrself n read the utter dribble that was posted

Its a crook call for sure
But it wont stop people from going ..
They'll turn up in droves

I sorta hope im wrong
.. cos if I am we'll never make this mistake again

But people will see the value.. & will attend.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I was a neutral it would be motivation for me to go, two games in one sitting, what's not to like?

I've been to SL magic weekend where they have a full round over two days in one stadium, its brilliant. Won't stay for two games? Not much of a RL fan then.

Billythekid

First Grade
Who said I was referring to you .so keep yr pants on

Find the thread yrself n read the utter dribble that was posted

I'm not going to waste my time going to read the thread i'm not the one calling people out. I'm not going to just blindly defend the NRL, this is a terrible and gutless decision that i hoped we would have seen the end of with the new commission.

I don't see what's wrong with people voicing their disapproval, how else do we get the point across to the NRL?

Brutus

Referee
No chance the double header will get 40k. Ticket prices are outrageous for a week 1 finals game.

They'll sell 30000-35000, with never more than 20000 in the stadium at any one time.

Exactly. The NRL is a disgrace. No balls whatsoever.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well port Adelaide just beat Collingwood. Surely the afl would want swans v Richmond/Dalton on a Friday night rather than the other matchup.

seanoff

Juniors
Well port Adelaide just beat Collingwood. Surely the afl would want swans v Richmond/Dalton on a Friday night rather than the other matchup.

The winner of richmond/carlton will play sydney saturday night. Geelong will play port friday night.

The afl will not force at team into a 5 day break and travel.

*Paul*

Juniors
It's kind of the second finals DH, in 1960 there was a wacky four-way play off for 2nd to 4th which involved a DH on a Tuesday.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Only the NRL could go from a record breaking crowd to a finals double header farce,NRL need me and Dulcify in charge

Big Sam

First Grade
Apparently the Swans are in the 'first semi final' i.e. Friday. Will the NRL be forced to backtrack and do the sensible thing by playing Easts on Friday and Souths on Saturday?

seanoff

Juniors
Apparently the Swans are in the 'first semi final' i.e. Friday. Will the NRL be forced to backtrack and do the sensible thing by playing Easts on Friday and Souths on Saturday?

the naming of the afl finals have nothing to do with logic. tonights elim was elim 2. sundays is elim 1.

Moffo

Referee
Told you guys that the bearded f**k was bad news. Complete gimp who bends over for anyone that will stuff money in his pockets - eg channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.