What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Good crowd at townsville.

Hopefully Manly and the Knights have a decent turnout today. Ill guess 15 and 27k respectively although i guess canberra is a lost cause tonight, lucky if its 8k

ceagle

Bench
Todd Greenberg ‏@Todd_Greenberg 6m
Thanks for all the positive feedback & comments regarding the first ever Double Header for #NRLFinals week 1 @AllianzStadium next weekend.

Who is Greenberg kidding? The NRL is farked with him in charge.

papabear

Juniors
I like the double header.

Nice concept. Almost considering going as a raiders fan, wouldn't bother for one game involving the said teams.

Some supporters on here don't know how to support.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Now would have been a good time for NRL to schedule next week...

could of been

Roosters v Manly SFS Fri
Cron v Newcastle SFS Sat 4pm
Rabbits v Storm Sat 7.30 pm ANZ
Dogs v NQ 4pm Sunday ANZ

Problem solved...

Swans can have anz on Friday if they want

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Well today's result has just shown what a massive c**k up this is by the NRL. Easts will now play Manly - a match which would have drawn 30K + on its own and produced a great atmosphere.

Now because of this f*cking stupid double header, fans will be locked out, the crowd will look sh*t on TV and the atmosphere will be sterile.

It's mind blowing that this decision was even made before the this weekend's matches were completed.

Last edited:

Xfactor1979

Bench
12K at brookvale this afternoon

A bit of a damp squib after a fantastic saturday and post election day hangover :\

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd bet my left nut that every merkin on here complaining about the doubleheader wouldn't be in the crowd wherever or when ever it was played. It will sellout and a 45k (or whatever the capacity is) will look great. Plus we will smash it in the TV ratings.

And please stop talking about that afl shit. No one gives a f**k.

adamkungl

Immortal
So roosters members now have to pay $70 to watch their team

This will blow up massively

I predict a total of 23k for both games

Awful move

The double header is a joke, surely the club will challenge it.

They've already priced out a lot of the market with $70 reserved tickets which is ridiculous and the club will potentially be forced to share a 30,000 gate with another club.

Greenberg is a dolt. No one wins here.

Well Manly fans... you now need to cough up $80 to go next week...

lol its $30 for a ticket you sooks

BunniesMan

Immortal
Pretty clear that the NRL is making prices like that so only Manly and Easts fans can afford to go. They're trying to lock out the working class.

Status
Not open for further replies.