What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver78

Juniors
Bought my tickets to the Souths v Melbourne game on the 1/2 way line.

I'm usually the first to complain about ticket prices but I must admit the ticket prices are very reasonable for this game considering it's a finals game.

I thought they were going to get greedy and raise the prices but surprisingly they didn't. They even had $20 seats to ticketed members which is very good.

As usual tho Souths get pissed on with a crappy Friday night game whilst the Bulldogs who came 6th or whatever it is get the good Sunday game :(

Member Ticket Prices
Adult
Concession
Junior
Family
Cat. 1
$50
$40
$35
$135
Cat. 2
$35
$30
$25
$95
Cat. 3
$22
$18
$13
$50

ouwet

Bench
As usual tho Souths get pissed on with a crappy Friday night game whilst the Bulldogs who came 6th or whatever it is get the good Sunday game :(

FMD... Because the Bulldogs last season didn't play Manly on a ?crappy Friday night? game while Cronulla V Canberra was on a ?good Sunday?!!! Cry me a bloody river! Really getting over South Sydney & Roosters supporters and there constant whinging, on every forum they whinge, on every radio station they whinge (OK WE GET IT THE REF'S ONLY HATE THE ROOSTERS)... I would rather any of the other 6 teams win the comp, these two clubs think the whole RL owe them something!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This could get shot down, but what about the Titans having a home game at Suncorp again vs Broncos. Would boost their average. I think this contributed to their high average in seasons 1 and 2 (not sure about 2).

I would be all for it if Broncos members get cheaper tix.

Problem is Broncos v Titans this year there was literally 1,000 titans fans. (34,500ish crowd)

Valheru

Coach
And that is without having Good Friday or ANY home arvo games in Sydney. Could have been even more with fair scheduling.

Do you ever stop whinging? Next year you will get the biggest season opener ever when the Rabbits get to host 1 v 2 from the previous season and it may well be a GF replay. You will also get the Good Friday game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How can thing's change for these club's.

One thing we can't do is just shrug our shoulders and say when a team is having a bad year their crowds will be crap. The trick is to build up a big enough supporter base that when the drop off from a bad year hits it doesn;t lead to embarrasing sub Aleague crowds.

Ticket prices at the gate are a big issue, if team is doing poor;y who wants to pay $30-60 to watch them lose?

Memberships - if you've paid already your likely to turn up

Game day experience - make it a great family day out so win or lose at least it was worth going

Attract more fans, marketing, schools etc etc when you consider less 97% of Sydney do not go to games (and similair in other cities) that is a lot of people not yet engaged with the game.

BranVan3000

Coach
I'm personally very impressed by the Roosters this season. Out in force to nearly every game after a few abysmal season with crowd numbers, and even travelling to ANZ.

Danish

Referee
Highest PAX I've seen for the double header is 13281 as of last night.

As an aside roosters fans on the chookpen forum are all agreeing not to turn up for the first game, with those who are going to watch the roosters play in the U20s at 1:30 even declaring they'll walk out of the ground before the 1st game then come back for the roosters match.

papabear

Juniors

As an aside roosters fans on the chookpen forum are all agreeing not to turn up for the first game, with those who are going to watch the roosters play in the U20s at 1:30 even declaring they'll walk out of the ground before the 1st game then come back for the roosters match.
lol waste of money and a bunch of losers.

Frailty

First Grade

Well they are just a bunch of spastics then. Good luck with the passouts.

ouwet

Bench

I don't understand why? You get to watch two brilliant games of top notch RL for the price of one (Same goes for Cronulla fans who'll walk out after there match BTW).

Danish

Referee
I don't understand why? You get to watch two brilliant games of top notch RL for the price of one (Same goes for Cronulla fans who'll walk out after there match BTW).

first of all, its not 2 for 1. Tickets for the double header are all 50% more expensive than the other semis.

Second, its being done because we deserve our own home final. It is a massive insult to have our earned right taken away to try and boost attendance figures to the bloody 5th vs 8th match up (which would have drawn 20,000 on its head at Shark Park).

If roosters fans turn up to the first game and make this a "success", then we'll never play another week 1 home final ever again. Ergo, we are trying to ensure huge chunks of empty seats are in plain sight all around the ground to ensure it embarrasses the NRL into not doing this again.

ouwet

Bench
first of all, its not 2 for 1. Tickets for the double header are all 50% more expensive than the other semis.

Second, its being done because we deserve our own home final. It is a massive insult to have our earned right taken away to try and boost attendance figures to the bloody 5th vs 8th match up (which would have drawn 20,000 on its head at Shark Park).

If roosters fans turn up to the first game and make this a "success", then we'll never play another week 1 home final ever again. Ergo, we are trying to ensure huge chunks of empty seats are in plain sight all around the ground to ensure it embarrasses the NRL into not doing this again.

Let?s hope all the Cronulla fans and Cowboys + Neutrals go for Manly now... Bloody whinging sooks.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Problem is that if you move the game to Shark Park, yes it would get 20K, but then you are going to have Penrith and Manly also asking for similar treatment. It may work against out of town teams, but if they faced any other Sydney club then it can't work.

Maybe that is the balance they need to find, Sydney vs out of town team (not including Newcastle), the option is their to move the game with the NRL approval to your normal home ground in week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts